Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is my EFI.
Works on my 5i3ryh. Technically will also work on other broadwell NUC
good graphics
no bt/wifi

Hope this thing can help you out
View attachment 135954

hey, I have the same NUC, got it working, thanks for this!

also for some unknown reason my NUC isn't recognising my samsung XP941 m.2 ssd, anyone else running a pcie drive without problems?

I've seen the 5i7 popping up now (seen on Amazon). I personally went for the lower power 5i5, so that I can replace the case and make a fanless system. But the i7 looks nice.

I've seen the 5i7 popping up now (seen on Amazon). I personally went for the lower power 5i5, so that I can replace the case and make a fanless system. But the i7 looks nice.

Have you looked at whether you can disable the soldered-in M.2 wifi card via the bios ?
Are you using any kind of usb wifi solution ? Would be interesting to most readers of
this thread.

Would've been really great if Apple had used those Intel 7265 wireless AC cards in the next
gen Broadwell Macs but as usual we've always got challenges to overcome for a fully working
Customac. The I7 MYHE model NUC, if it ever is actually released, looks like the best performer of
any of the mini-pcs for a Customac, let's hope that Intel is smart enough produce one of those. :)

You can add 1866 MHz ram up to 16 GB and a PCI-e x4 SSD, that's some real desktop performance
from the tiny NUC form factor. I'm still waiting to see what happens as well. The Brix I5 looks good
but I also want to see if Intel comes through on the I7 MYHE release. May be Christmas in June /
July if that happens.

My actual future expectations are 4 cores I7 and IRIS PRO graphics, that would be "PERFECT" if it could be directly modded to a hackintosh, I would be almost about to collapse.:clap::geek:

Have you looked at whether you can disable the soldered-in M.2 wifi card via the bios ?
Are you using any kind of usb wifi solution ? Would be interesting to most readers of
this thread.

I am replying on a windows system. I did not see a bios way to disable the wifi. You could disable everything else, displayport, individual usb ports, audio, ethernet, whatever, but not the wifi. I have a cheap USB wireless adapter that supposedly works on OSX, but of course, when I installed the drivers for that, Yosemite would no longer start. I need to wipe and re-install, I just haven't put aside time to do that.

I am thinking about maybe wiring the unused internal USB header to an internal USB port, connecting the wireless adapter to that, and putting the adapter in the NUC case. That way I don't use up any external USB ports. The bad side is I believe the internal USB header is only USB 2.0. Anyway, that's just scheming for now. More important to get the graphics running.

Sorry to not add to the discussion, but the onboard ethernet is still not working, correct? Has anyone tried any USB dongles? I have some that work with my real Mac, if they work it'd be enough to switch from Linux to OS X in my case since graphics are working as well.

I figured that WonkeyDonkey would be interested in this update regarding the NUC5i7MYHE.
I got the below update from my distributor who got it from Intel:

There is nothing currently in the roadmap for a I7 version of the NUC5i7MYHE.

Intel only ranging the I7 version in the larger format supporting the 2.5” HDD / SSD - 1357744 BOXNUC5I7RYHR on roadmap till 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Qtr of 2016.

So, unfortunately it looks like there won't be an MYHE version :(
I'm trying to find out if the new RYHR version will have an M.2 wireless slot, but it's unlikely that it will.

Sorry guys!

So, unfortunately it looks like there won't be an MYHE version :(
I'm trying to find out if the new RYHR version will have an M.2 wireless slot, but it's unlikely that it will.

Sorry guys!

Thanks for sharing that insider info. Doesn't look good for the prospect of an I7 Nuc without the
wifi/BT card soldered onto the mainboard. I'm still not clear whether the I5 version of the MYHE
has a soldered in Wifi BT card or not. Most sites that sell it state that it has Wifi / BT included
but don't say it's soldered on like the other NUCs.

Forget the Brix. It's too noisy and nobody is willing to make a custom fanless case for it. Intel is suspiciously either doing Apple a favour by denying MacOSX enthusiastss a MacMini beater so that more will have to overpay for the original or doing Microsoft a favour by giving another powerful yet quiet option to people in the Windows world who are looking for a small factor computer that can put under the TV or in their bag.

Thanks for sharing that insider info. Doesn't look good for the prospect of an I7 Nuc without the
wifi/BT card soldered onto the mainboard. I'm still not clear whether the I5 version of the MYHE
has a soldered in Wifi BT card or not. Most sites that sell it state that it has Wifi / BT included
but don't say it's soldered on like the other NUCs.

Its the MYHE models that do not have soldered in wifi. The other models do, which is why I have personally held off from buying one.

If Intel do not release an i7 MYHE model then the next best option given the the various models, would be the 5i5MYHE.

It is strange though, if you put all the models together in a table / chart, considering the processor, graphics and other options, then the i7 MYHE is curious by its absence. Its like the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back