Contribute
Register

Intel i7 7820x Build Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone At Tonymacx86 so I work in the film industry and it looks like mac is where its at, thats why the hackintosh. So I'm primarily Work in Black Magic Da Vinci resolve and so I need it to be quite powerful.

BUT I DONT ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT IM DOING. so if anyone can take a look at the build and give me advice that would be so GREAT.

Thanks you.

(NEW update: i just heard about the new AMD threadripper CPU any advise on that?)

Intel 7th Gen Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz, 20M Cache, 16x Cores) CPU

MSI X299 RAIDER LGA 2066 USB3.1 DDR4 Motherboard

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OVERCLOCKED Ed. 11GB GDDR5X Card

Antec High Current GAMER 850W 80+ Modular PSU

[ DDR4 ] 16GB 2400MHz Quad Channel High Performance

RAM Corsair H60 High-Performance Liquid Cooler

500GB Ultra-Fast SSD Solid State Drive

3 Terabyte Harddrive

Last edited:
If you are completely new to this it's not the best choice to begin with a first build on the bleeding edge X299 chipset. If you are serious about climbing the steep learning curve you can do it. Just plan on spending a lot of time to get a fully working system. I would copy the hardware that kgp is using as close as possible. That way he can help you to work through the inevitable problems that will come up. Main change would be to switch to the Asus X299 Prime Deluxe board that he is using in his High Sierra Desktop Guide. In terms of your other hardware choices: for a 16 Core CPU that will run hot that H60 liquid cooler will not be up to the task. It's also best to get a 32GB ram kit from the start if you can budget that in. Other than that it all should work. The one snag could be the failure of Nvidia to release the High Sierra Drivers by the time you are ready to start using High Sierra.

KGP High Sierra Desktop Guide. As the old saying goes: "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew it."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back