Contribute
Register

Intel HD graphics 4000 not working, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V LK
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Intel HD graphics 4000 not working, Tried Everything, (yes i searched) HELP!

I have an ASUS P8Z77-V LK mobo,i7-3770k CPU with HD 4000. I'm Running Mavericks.

Mavericks is updated, latest BIOS from ASUS patched for speedstep. Latest boot loader.

This was a functional system with my Radeon HD 6870 installed. And still works with that.

I pulled the discrete GPU as I'm getting ready to sell it and buy another, and in the meantime was planning to use onboard while I wait for the new card(don't have all the cash yet). Upon rebooting I was greeted with a kernel panic, no problem, removed my DSDT and that went away. But after attempting to boot, I get to the login screen but it shows up a little less than half the height of my monitor, and is squished together and repeating (see photo).

I have tried booting with the following.

GraphicsEnabler= Yes and No
IGPEnabler = Yes and No
-x
-f
-F
PCIRootUID=0 and 1
npci=0x2000 and 3000

And just about every possible combination of the above.

The only thing I made headway on was booting safe boot and PCIRootUID=1. That gets me to the desktop but it's at 1024x768 and the GPU shows as "Display 64MB shared..."

Tried 32,64,96 MB setting in BIOS no difference.

Booting with PCIRootUID=1 without safe boot hangs at Bluetooth. Booting with it at 0 loads almost instantly but I get the repeating, squished, half display.

I'm at the end of my patience and pulling my hair out on this one.

I've googled, searched these forums, and read just about everything I can find relating to issues with the HD 4000 and none of them are the same or solve my problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I would seriously appreciate it. I know onboard graphics works I just don't know why mine won't. (iGPU works flawless in my windows dual boot, so it's not a hardware issue)

Thanks in advance,

-Moddage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 225
UPDATE:

I'm currently on my Hackintosh with graphics working.

Here's the weird part, and I discovered it by accident. Plugged another monitor into VGA to test it (was in windows at that time) rebooted computer and left display plugged in, BAM Mac loaded perfect on my main display (DVI) but weird on the VGA one...

rebooted several times to confirm it, and then tried with the VGA display unplugged. no dice. same symptoms as described before. As soon as you plug something into the VGA and then boot. it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm even more confused now.

~Moddage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back