Contribute
Register

Intel HD 530 slow rendering (best build i had)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IOREG.ioreg.zip
    1 MB · Views: 93
Hi RehanMan,

Thank you for your instruction, I have uploaded a new IOREG.

This ioreg shows HD530 implemented/working as expected.
Maybe some issue between Nvidia and Intel.. make sure IGPU is primary in BIOS.

This ioreg shows HD530 implemented/working as expected.
Maybe some issue between Nvidia and Intel.. make sure IGPU is primary in BIOS.
Yes ,I have IGPU be my primary. so I believe it is the known issue for skylake system? since I have seen other people have the same issue, but haven't seen any resolution. Anyway, thank you so much RehabMan, you are the best!

I too have this issue, and I too have igfx as primary in bios (on the Mac side) and switch to 1080 for Windows side. If I can help let me know as I also want to get quicksync working.
What system definition are you using? Intel quicksync is not working with a iMac17,1 system definition. Try using iMac14,1 and see if this enables quciksync. From the reports I've read this should be enough to get it enabled.

What system definition are you using? Intel quicksync is not working with a iMac17,1 system definition. Try using iMac14,1 and see if this enables quciksync. From the reports I've read this should be enough to get it enabled.

I'm going to try that with benchmarks, hopefully 14,1 doesn't deactivate and skylake optimizations. Quicksync works on the real 17,1 iMac so I wonder why not on our systems...

I'm going to try that with benchmarks, hopefully 14,1 doesn't deactivate and skylake optimizations. Quicksync works on the real 17,1 iMac so I wonder why not on our systems...
The Apple iMac17,1 AAPL,ig-platform-id is <01 00 12 19> and causes a kernel panic if used on hacks.
We're injecting <00 00 12 19>
Skylake optimisations?

The Apple iMac17,1 AAPL,ig-platform-id is <01 00 12 19> and causes a kernel panic if used on hacks.
We're injecting <00 00 12 19>
Skylake optimisations?

That is interesting. Wonder if <01 00 12 19> + a custom EDID is what enables quicksync on the real 17,1? (No idea)
I did benchmarks of 14,1 vs 17,1 and geekbench 4 is basically identical scores, but 14,1 enables quicksync so I'll stick with that for now.

That is interesting. Wonder if <01 00 12 19> + a custom EDID is what enables quicksync on the real 17,1? (No idea)
I did benchmarks of 14,1 vs 17,1 and geekbench 4 is basically identical scores, but 14,1 enables quicksync so I'll stick with that for now.
No idea either, I tested many ig-platform-id's and some of them work as good as <00 00 12 19>
Using <01 00 12 19> causes an immediate kernel panic with the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext. I'm not sure what activates quicksync on a genuine Skylake iMac but something is missing how we've configured our hacks. The Skylake iMac is unique with regards to its display.

No idea either, I tested many ig-platform-id's and some of them work as good as <00 00 12 19>
Using <01 00 12 19> causes an immediate kernel panic with the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext. I'm not sure what activates quicksync on a genuine Skylake iMac but something is missing how we've configured our hacks. The Skylake iMac is unique with regards to its display.

Yes I was thinking the same thing, because it's a 5K screen and I don't know anyone who's using an aftermarket 5K (I'm on 4K) maybe that frame buffer and EDID is 5K specific... Wonder if it's worth trying to emulate a 21" imac instead of 27"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back