Contribute
Register

Intel HD 530 slow rendering (best build i had)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
win
Graphics
1gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,

first, thanks to everyone. I almost thought that its not possible to have fully functional Mac os Sierra but it is! :) Since 10.5.7 on my last hackintosh, a lot of things are lot easier. UniBeast, MultiBeast, i didn't know that :). My sierra now works completely and flawlessly with Skylake i5 processors. Animations have quiet high FPS, translucent dock and everything works, no glitches un upper left corner. Sleep doesnt work but it wasnt been working on any hackintosh i had. Sound is realized through usb sound card AXAGON ADA 15 which is possible to just plug to usb and it works, out of box, no kex'ting, DSDT'ing nothing needed.

So whats my main problem on my new Mac? Graphics. I am not able to render almost anything because it takes soooo long. Its really frustrating. I wanted this machine mainly because of working with multimedia etc... which is totally possible, but rendering is really long.

i searched whole internet, iam ussually capable of finding things, not this time. I found this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/intel-hd-530-no-quicksync.199614/ where nobody is sure what to do and only advice is something like: well maybe it will be working if you rename GFX0 to IGPU in DSDT or something like that. I was googling what are these DSDT and how to work with them. amazingly complicated. I dont even know what DSDT is even after reading definition. And yes, even though iam that far.

Do anybody knows anything about DSDT? is it possible to change that name in all of those entries? is it easy? Isnt it better to just buy a dedicated GPU? Which one is best?

Thanks!
(if you have similar hardware and you need advice let me know :))

Welcome to the forums,
To rename GFX0 to IGPU this can be achieved via Clover's DSDT patching.
Mount your EFI Partition, open your config.plist with a plist editor such as Xcode or plist pro.
Navigate to ACPI>DSDT>Patches and add an item:
Comment : 10.8+-Rename-GFX02IGPU
Find <47465830>
Replace <49475055>
Looks like this:
Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 15.03.08.png

The best graphics cards for rendering in macOS are AMD but there are issues that require workarounds so at the moment they are not recommended. The Buyer's Guide has a great selection of Graphics Cards depending on budget. These require alternate web drivers that are written by Nvidia so the cards are supported and work pretty great.

P.S Rules You've not filled your profile with your primary system specs that you agreed to when you created your account. So in terms of offering help to those with similar hardware its impossible for anyone to know.

Using the MacBook Pro system definition (13.3) enabled quicksync for me, although I'm not sure if there is any negative impacts of doing this. I have not figured out how to get it to work under imac 17.1 (or any other iMac definition), renaming to IGPU did not work.

I wanted to add that I am able to do AirPlay Mirroring to my Apple TV. Since AirPlay Mirroring relies on Intel Quick Sync, this should imply that it's enabled, is this correct?

Last edited:
I'll try the 14.1 definition and see what happens.

As far as mirroring goes, it will enable as long as it detects the correct hardware, but doesn't properly test for quick sync apparently. As a result it will fall back to software rendering if quick sync doesn't work, which provides really horrible/choppy/low fps airplay mirroring.

so currently on 17.1 system definition we still have two outstanding issues
1.intel quick sync won't work even if you have change GFX to IGPU
2.HD530 Glitch fix won't work if you have dGPU enabled at the same time

so currently on 17.1 system definition we still have two outstanding issues
1.intel quick sync won't work even if you have change GFX to IGPU
2.HD530 Glitch fix won't work if you have dGPU enabled at the same time

Is Intel MEI named IMEI?

Note: Please DO NOT cross post duplicates.
It is contrary to the rules (you already agreed to them): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    34.9 MB · Views: 263
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back