Contribute
Register

Intel HD 530 only has 7MB of Graphics RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
On your motherboard advanced configuration search for DVMT 32mb and change it to 64Mb, I was having the same issue and this solved to me right now, also I had to put fakeID 0x12345678 each time I boot, but when changed to 64MB I solved that issue too. Hope it works for you guys, let me know.

I try to set the ig-platform-id to 0x19120000 but the only thing that I got was boot loop on startup screen with apple logo. Also I don't have such a setting in my BIOS for graphics memory :(

Are you using HDMI output?

This was in another thread in regards to a gigabyte board, but it also worked for me on a Dell Optiplex 3040:

Add this to your config plist "kexts to edit" section

<dict> <key>Comment</key>
<string>Intel HD 530 - Port 7 as HDMI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
/wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>

source = https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cs-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/#post-1223952

Last edited:
Yes I'm using the HDMI output. Thank you for your advice I'll try and report here after that.

Excuse me, but I don't understand exactly how to input this :

"
<key>Find</key>
<data>
/wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>
"
By copy/paste on some text editor or what?

Last edited:
You can open your configplist with Xcode, Clover Configurator or PlistEditor Pro, other programs could damage the file.

Yes I'm using the HDMI output. Thank you for your advice I'll try and report here after that.

Excuse me, but I don't understand exactly how to input this :

"
<key>Find</key>
<data>
/wAAAAEAAAAgAAAA
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AwYKAAAIAACHAQAA
</data>
</dict>
"
By copy/paste on some text editor or what?

OK I opened Clover configurator, Mount EFI partition, open partition and browse to EFI/Clover/config.plist and doble click on it, so now what?! Where can I input those strings?

As you can see on the text they need to be under Devices, so those devices in list you need to add them in Devices, under each correct column. I could send you a screenshot of how it need to be but tomorrow cause I'm going to sleep now.

OK I opened Clover configurator, Mount EFI partition, open partition and browse to EFI/Clover/config.plist and doble click on it, so now what?! Where can I input those strings?

Thanks I'll try

Thanks I'll try

I didn't know how to get the numbers for Clover configurator so I did as follows:

1. Open Clover config and navigate to Kexts to Patch ---- Insert in Caps the Names of the things I need to enter in Text Editor
(see Pic 1)

2. Open TextEdit and find "REPLACE" --- Find the entries I made in Clover and replace with the values in the post above
see pic 2 and pic 3

3. Open Clover Config to see the text has been converter to numbers
see pic 4

Pic1.jpg
Pic 2.jpg
Pic 3.jpg
Pic 4.jpg

Save config.plist

Big Thanks!! It's finally works!!! I finally got 1536MB VRAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back