Contribute
Register

Intel HD 520 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
I had a hd5300 (5y10c) experienced similar problem. I have not set DVMT-prealloc option. Boot usb installer with minStolenSize patch, kernel panics. If boot without ig-platform-id/device-id, or with invalid ig-platform-id/device-id, it can successfully into the installer, but only get low resolution. Is it the same reason cause hd520 panic? Is it effective if I boot without caches (so Clover can apply the patches)?

Set DVMT-prealloc or use the minStolenSize patch.

Last edited:

Last edited:
How can let minStolenSize work with installer without set DVMT-prealloc option?

No need for it during installation. You can prevent the graphics drivers from loading by injecting a bogus device-id.

It can be done from the Clover GUI, or with config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x12345678.
Also, an invalid ig-platform-id also works (0x12345678).

guys please please please show me how to get hd 520 to work with sierra. ive done everything you are saying here but get kernel panic about AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer if i set ig-platform to 19160000. setting minstolensize patch is actually done how? i added it to kexttopatch. i know i'm a noob but sometimes just giving a dummy step by step goes a long way to help everyone.

my laptop is acer e15 e5-574g-51bs i5 6200u 4gb geforce 920m

guys please please please show me how to get hd 520 to work with sierra. ive done everything you are saying here but get kernel panic about AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer if i set ig-platform to 19160000. setting minstolensize patch is actually done how? i added it to kexttopatch. i know i'm a noob but sometimes just giving a dummy step by step goes a long way to help everyone.

my laptop is acer e15 e5-574g-51bs i5 6200u 4gb geforce 920m

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I am very sorry if it seems I didn't do any reading before hand. I have as a matter of fact followed everything to the letter.
- force load apppleintelsklgraphicframebuffer with clover ccv 4049
- boot without caches and fakeid 0x12345678
- After booting to Sierra rebuild cache with "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"
- Replace ig-platform-id 0x12345678 with normal 0x191600000
- boot normally and then i get this

I know laptops can be frustrating to get to work as I've managed with little effort get many desktops to work. But man this is annoying

Attachments

• 01kp.jpg
    01kp.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 235
I am very sorry if it seems I didn't do any reading before hand. I have as a matter of fact followed everything to the letter.
- force load apppleintelsklgraphicframebuffer with clover ccv 4049
- boot without caches and fakeid 0x12345678
- After booting to Sierra rebuild cache with "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"
- Replace ig-platform-id 0x12345678 with normal 0x191600000
- boot normally and then i get this

I know laptops can be frustrating to get to work as I've managed with little effort get many desktops to work. But man this is annoying

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back