Contribute
Register

Intel HD 520 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that was the case

The minStolenSize patch is not recommended and of course the patch needs to be changed for 10.12...

The minStolenSize patch is not recommended and of course the patch needs to be changed for 10.12...
If it's no trouble for you... could you explain why it is not recommended?

If it's no trouble for you... could you explain why it is not recommended?

The assertion is there for a reason. Result will likely be unstable.

I have an Intel HD 520 as well (Lenovo Flex 3, Core i5-6200U). Getting the same kernel panic on macOS Sierra.

I changed the DVMT prealloc to 64 MB and am still getting the kernel panic on macOS Sierra. El Capitan works perfectly without the minStolenSize patch. I've uploaded my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.1 KB · Views: 317
I have an Intel HD 520 as well (Lenovo Flex 3, Core i5-6200U). Getting the same kernel panic on macOS Sierra.

I changed the DVMT prealloc to 64 MB and am still getting the kernel panic on macOS Sierra. El Capitan works perfectly without the minStolenSize patch. I've uploaded my config.plist

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I've attached a picture of the verbose panic and my clover folder w/o themes.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 675
hmm, I'm looking at the skl framebuffer kext in hopper to see what's going on... for some reason the minstolensize is tripping in Sierra but not on El Capitan, even though I don't have the patch in clover on either of them....

I've attached a picture of the verbose panic and my clover folder w/o themes.

How did you set DVMT-prealloc? Try a larger value.

Also, use a generic config.plist from my guide, not one customized (for example, yours has a bunch of patches for PNLF, AppleHDA, etc).

How did you set DVMT-prealloc? Try a larger value.

Also, use a generic config.plist from my guide, not one customized (for example, yours has a bunch of patches for PNLF, AppleHDA, etc).

yes, I used your generic config.plist for Skylake. I added the PNLF and AppleHDA stuff myself to get El Capitan fully functional. With the same CLOVER folder and config, everything works in El Cap. Only panics on Sierra.

I set DVMT-prealloc by setting the efivar. I'm fairly sure it's set to 64 MB.

yes, I used your generic config.plist for Skylake. I added the PNLF and AppleHDA stuff myself to get El Capitan fully functional. With the same CLOVER folder and config, everything works in El Cap. Only panics on Sierra.

I set DVMT-prealloc by setting the efivar. I'm fairly sure it's set to 64 MB.

For installation, use a generic config.plist without tweaks. Difference between install and post-install...
Try larger DVMT-prealloc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back