Contribute
Register

Intel HD 520 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried increasing DVMT-prealloc from 64 MB to 96 MB and 128 MB. Both 96 and 128 MB got the same kernel panic (with line 25445) on Sierra. El Capitan boots up perfectly.

I've also attempted doing the following patch but haven't been able to get it working with that either (I think the kext is not reading DVMT correctly):

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.12</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
yDnGdlE=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
yDnGvlE=
</data>
</dict>

Tried increasing DVMT-prealloc from 64 MB to 96 MB and 128 MB. Both 96 and 128 MB got the same kernel panic (with line 25445) on Sierra. El Capitan boots up perfectly.

I've also attempted doing the following patch but haven't been able to get it working with that either (I think the kext is not reading DVMT correctly):

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.12</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
yDnGdlE=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
yDnGvlE=
</data>
</dict>

Did you follow my advice from post #20 yet?

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
yDnGdlE=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
yDnGvlE=
</data>
</dict>

okay. i had exprienced this issue Sierra DP1 on Acer Skylake notebook(can't change dvmt value and bios lock. hold 32mb).

i have to no injection HD 520 first.

you have to remove injection id. and boot usb install. after all install, you can use injection hd 520.

try and report.

okay. i had exprienced this issue Sierra DP1 on Acer Skylake notebook(can't change dvmt value and bios lock. hold 32mb).

i have to no injection HD 520 first.

you have to remove injection id. and boot usb install. after all install, you can use injection hd 520.

try and report.

Actually with the Skylake graphics drivers a default ig-platform-id is used in the case that one is not specified (much like the HD3000 drivers and snb-platform-id). In order to disable the drivers, you must boot with injection and then use either an invalid ig-platform-id or an invalid device-id (via FakeID). Such as 0x12345678...

After that you can enable whatever patches you need, boot without caches (so Clover can apply the patches), then rebuild cache (as per FAQ).

Boot without graphics drivers (use FakeID 0x12345678) to narrow the problem down.

Also, no other ideas without data...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

with fakeid of 0x12345678 it boots up to the Sierra installer with no acceleration.

Without the fakeid, it gets the same panic: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/img_0248-jpg.210931/

It seems to be triggering some assertion in AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (line 25445 -- which according to hopper is minStolenSize)

DVMT is set to 96 MB and El Capitan boots up perfectly with full acceleration, Sierra is triggering this assertion and panicing.

with fakeid of 0x12345678 it boots up to the Sierra installer with no acceleration.

Without the fakeid, it gets the same panic: http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/img_0248-jpg.210931/

It seems to be triggering some assertion in AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (line 25445 -- which according to hopper is minStolenSize)

DVMT is set to 96 MB and El Capitan boots up perfectly with full acceleration, Sierra is triggering this assertion and panicing.

Sounds to me like you don't have DVMT-prealloc set correctly and you're using the minStolenSize patch on 10.11.

@RehabMan Is the minStolen patch for 10.12 different from that for the 10.11.4 which you have in your config.plist repo? (My laptop does not allow changing uefi variables, and acceleration works well with the patched framebuffer)

@RehabMan Is the minStolen patch for 10.12 different from that for the 10.11.4 which you have in your config.plist repo? (My laptop does not allow changing uefi variables, and acceleration works well with the patched framebuffer)

It is different. I haven't updated my repo yet. You can likely find it with google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back