Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I followed this guide and my HD 4400 is still dog slow.

I didn't edit plist for device, I just entered it at startup instead.

I put the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel HD_Graphics.kext using KextBeast only. The rebooted with 0412 flags for HD 4400.

Other than that, I have only used the -v flag to boot USB, and copied the USB files to the SSD after installing Clove r3202 on Yosemite 10.3. The HDD boots with only -v without issue, except graphics draw insanely slow.

My rig is:
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1, i3-4130T, and 4GB RAM. I boot USB to UEFI mode. Clover 3202, Yosemite 10.3

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

hey RehabMan
I downloaded El Capitan from the app store and installed it following tony's guide. all seemed fine till i got to doing the graphics fix in this thread. everytime I follow these steps, I end up with a black screen after the apple logo. I did clean install three times and its always the same.

Here is the ioreg report. i had to untick "inject intel" from clover boot options for the system to load normally.
View attachment ioreport.zip
thanks for all your help :thumbup:

hey RehabMan
I downloaded El Capitan from the app store and installed it following tony's guide. all seemed fine till i got to doing the graphics fix in this thread. everytime I follow these steps, I end up with a black screen after the apple logo. I did clean install three times and its always the same.

Here is the ioreg report. i had to untick "inject intel" from clover boot options for the system to load normally.
View attachment 186876
thanks for all your help :thumbup:

Things to check:
- IGPU memory set to 64mb
- digital connection to monitor (DVI-D, HDMI, or DP)
- VT-d disabled (or dart=0)

Hi, I installed FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
and add to EFI/Clover/config.plist but not thing change? :crazy:

<key>IGPDeviceID</key>
<string>0412</string>

Attachments

• Thanh’s iMac.zip
    431.3 KB · Views: 92
  • config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 92
Hi, I installed FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
and add to EFI/Clover/config.plist but not thing change? :crazy:

<key>IGPDeviceID</key>
<string>0412</string>

Clover does not use IGPDeviceID (that is Chimera specific). You need to set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086.

Hi!

I'm trying to use this method, but I've got lots of questions... (noob).

- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext must be installed in /S/L/E or in /L/E?
- I can't figure out this part:
3. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to include the following.
(You can test first by issuing the boot flag IGPDeviceID=0412 at startup boot screen.)

Code:
<key>IGPDeviceID</key>
<string>0412</string>
Would it be possible doing it with Clover? How?
- How do I rebuild cache?

Thanks!!!

--------

Edit:

I just saw this:
Clover does not use IGPDeviceID (that is Chimera specific). You need to set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086.

!!!!
It's working perfectly!!
Thank you so much RehabMan :):):):)

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,

I own a Asus H87I PLUS mini-itx mobo with core i3-4130T CPU. I am trying to enable the onboard HD4400 graphics to work but t no avail. I followed post 1 instructions and I am able to boot into OSX but no acceleration at all. I set iGPU to 64mb in BIOS and apart from GPU acceleration and HDMI sound (I will deal with this later) I have enough for a home media centre. Attached are my IOReg file and copy of Clover folder in EFI drive. I also separately attach the config.plist to save someone downloading the zip folder.

Edit: I disabled VT-d in BIOS and I am using HDMI connector to a TV.
Regards.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 115
  • config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 221
  • some iMac.zip
    442.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hi!

I'm trying to use this method, but I've got lots of questions... (noob).

- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext must be installed in /S/L/E or in /L/E?
- I can't figure out this part:

Would it be possible doing it with Clover? How?
- How do I rebuild cache?

Thanks!!!

--------

Edit:

I just saw this:

!!!!
It's working perfectly!!
Thank you so much RehabMan :):):):)

Hey laiaft, could you post your clover EFI folder please? I am struggling to get QE/CI on my card.
Thanks

Hi RehabMan,

I own a Asus H87I PLUS mini-itx mobo with core i3-4130T CPU. I am trying to enable the onboard HD4400 graphics to work but t no avail. I followed post 1 instructions and I am able to boot into OSX but no acceleration at all. I set iGPU to 64mb in BIOS and apart from GPU acceleration and HDMI sound (I will deal with this later) I have enough for a home media centre. Attached are my IOReg file and copy of Clover folder in EFI drive. I also separately attach the config.plist to save someone downloading the zip folder.

Edit: I disabled VT-d in BIOS and I am using HDMI connector to a TV.
Regards.

You need to install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back