Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I'm trying to use this method, but I've got lots of questions... (noob).

- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext must be installed in /S/L/E or in /L/E?
- I can't figure out this part:

Would it be possible doing it with Clover? How?
- How do I rebuild cache?

Thanks!!!

--------

Edit:

I just saw this:

!!!!
It's working perfectly!!
Thank you so much RehabMan :):):):)

Hey laiaft, could you post your clover EFI folder please? I am struggling to get QE/CI on my card.
Thanks

Hi RehabMan,

I own a Asus H87I PLUS mini-itx mobo with core i3-4130T CPU. I am trying to enable the onboard HD4400 graphics to work but t no avail. I followed post 1 instructions and I am able to boot into OSX but no acceleration at all. I set iGPU to 64mb in BIOS and apart from GPU acceleration and HDMI sound (I will deal with this later) I have enough for a home media centre. Attached are my IOReg file and copy of Clover folder in EFI drive. I also separately attach the config.plist to save someone downloading the zip folder.

Edit: I disabled VT-d in BIOS and I am using HDMI connector to a TV.
Regards.

You need to install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

You need to install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.
Hi RehabMan,

The clover.zip attachment in post #343 is my EFI folder contents. Both kexts are present, I assume they are loaded on boot. Am I correct?
Regards.

Hi RehabMan,

The clover.zip attachment in post #343 is my EFI folder contents. Both kexts are present, I assume they are loaded on boot. Am I correct?
Regards.

If you have FakeSMC.kext installed to the system volume and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect, no kexts are injected from EFI/Clover/kexts.

All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume.

Hey laiaft, could you post your clover EFI folder please? I am struggling to get QE/CI on my card.
Thanks

There you go, pincheCabron. Hope it helps!!

Sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 104
Man... I've been struggling with this for almost a week now.

I've followed multiple step-by-step processes from this forum to the T and my Intel HD graphics are still at only 7MB.

I loaded the above kexts with Kext Utility, edited the config.plist file to include the above code, repaired permissions, rebooted, and still... 7MB.

Can someone please help me out? I'm starting to regret my decision to build this thing. Intuitive resources seem scarce.

Man... I've been struggling with this for almost a week now.

I've followed multiple step-by-step processes from this forum to the T and my Intel HD graphics are still at only 7MB.

I loaded the above kexts with Kext Utility, edited the config.plist file to include the above code, repaired permissions, rebooted, and still... 7MB.

Can someone please help me out? I'm starting to regret my decision to build this thing. Intuitive resources seem scarce.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

hey bro RehabMan,
my pc not working for tut #1
i attached file IOReg and folder EFI, please help me.
my system: cpu 4150 hd4400 ram 8gb, main: giga b85d3v

Thanks

Attachments

• ping’s iMac.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 119
  • EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
hey bro RehabMan,
my pc not working for tut #1
i attached file IOReg and folder EFI, please help me.
my system: cpu 4150 hd4400 ram 8gb, main: giga b85d3v

Thanks

This ioreg shows it was not booted with the FakeID that is in your config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back