Contribute
Register

Intel DH77DF Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try tomorrow to use the original AICPM.kext and report back here.
My current DSDT.aml is attached. Would be cool if you could improve it a bit ;-)

This board is really great - especially combined with an i7 3,09 GHz and 16 GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 6570 ;-) Unfortunately I don't have a SSD.
I can really recommend this hardware!

Can you attach a clean dsdt? (maybe from aida64 in windows)? Meanwhile I took your DSDT and patched (or re/patched if you already did) for hdmi 4000 audio (toleda's guide but without kext editing, HD6570 should support natively), added p-states, and cleaned from error-warnings.
I strongly suggest a fresh 10.8.2 install, no efi strings, Graphics Mode for your monitor, with user dsdt option in multibeast, and macmini 5,1 of course. Toleda has posted native ivy bridge power management including mac mini 6,1, but I'd say let's start with adding p-states as mac mini 5,1, then if everything goes well, we'll try it: one step at a time).
See what happen:
- auto and manual sleep
- p-states tested with MSRdumper
- HDMI audio
- usb3 with store devices (both usb 2 and 3 if you have), usb stick, keyboard and/or mouse, iphone
- intel chipset (showed in system profiler)

Knowing your exact components would be helpful.
Reply with a copy of your IOReg (how to), and let's see what happen ;)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 103
Attached you'll find my ioreg file created with the v10.6.3 (as version 3 can't reopen files).

I don't have time to reinstall OS X this weekend, but I'll do this next week ;-)

In the meantime I'll try your dsdt.aml.

And btw, thanks for your help. I appreciate that!

Attachments

• intel_dh77df__bios_107_patched_ioreg.zip
    541.8 KB · Views: 111
I reinstalled 10.8.2 from my unibeast usb stick but get a KP on boot. AICPM.kext crashes.

During boot I get a message that a custom dsdt has been loaded ... this seems strange, because I didn't install any custom hack. Though I'm booting off of my internal hdd's chameleon.
Does it take the dsdt from my other internal OSX installation?

Try this DSDT, it's almost as the previous one, but I deleted p-states. Maybe that was the issue.
Please post results.:geek:

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 78
Try this DSDT, it's almost as the previous one, but I deleted p-states. Maybe that was the issue.
Please post results.:geek:

I tried this dsdt in my current system and nothing changed so far.

On a newly installed 10.8.2 (with unibeast) with installed system definition for mac mini 5,1 (but no further modifications) it doesn't work.
AICPM panics.

I didn't try to install chimera, because I don't want to mess up my chimera installation on my internal drive.

Do you have a clear step by step guide, on what to do in what order?

I tried this dsdt in my current system and nothing changed so far.

On a newly installed 10.8.2 (with unibeast) with installed system definition for mac mini 5,1 (but no further modifications) it doesn't work.
AICPM panics.

I didn't try to install chimera, because I don't want to mess up my chimera installation on my internal drive.

Do you have a clear step by step guide, on what to do in what order?
Create a MS-DOS (FAT) partition (or use another HDD) and install windows, then find AIDA64 Extreme and follow these steps:
- Open AIDA64 Extreme
- right click on the left bottom corner (AIDA64 v.1.x.x)
- select ACPI Tool
- Save DSDT and AIDA64 will generate a file named acpi_dsdt.bin
- Copy that file on usb stick, or directly on your Mountain Lion desktop
- Rename acpi_dsdt.bin to DSDT.aml, OSX will ask you to choose between .bin or .aml extension: of course choose .aml and you will have a fresh dsdt.
BTW, if you install chimera I don't think you'll mess up anything.
Or you can follow these instruction to extract dsdt with Ubuntu live cd.
I think that could be a good way starting from scratch. Post dsdt and let's see what we could do :thumbup:

This is the DSDT extracted with Ubuntu 12.10.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.tar.gz
    20 KB · Views: 155
Try this one, fixed errors, warning, remarks, sata controller unknown, HDMI audio (you have a discrete card, don't you?). No p-states added.
In org.chameleon.Boot.plist add
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>
in order to use native AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 81
I installed the new dsdt and now even wake up seems to work somehow. At least not just the fans but also there seems to be some disk activity.

But the screens stay black.

This is what my system.log shows:

Feb 12 13:51:20 localhost kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
Feb 12 13:58:42 localhost kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x00000000 0x32000000
Feb 12 14:23:10 localhost WindowServer[763]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data
Feb 12 14:23:10 localhost WindowServer[763]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data
Feb 12 14:25:19 localhost DisplayLinkManager[743]: DLUA reports system will sleep
Feb 12 14:25:25 localhost kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
Feb 12 14:25:52 localhost kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
Feb 12 14:26:51 localhost kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x00000000 0x32000000

My newly installed external intallation still doesn't boot with this dsdt. The strange thing is that I installed it the same way as my current system ...
Unfortunately I don't had time to go into this. But my ultimate goal is to have the least possible amount of modified kexts running (the more vanilla the better ;-))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back