Contribute
Register

Intel DH77DF Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojo, does your current installation have native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, or a patched one?
And in fresh installation you never got to desktop?

Yes! I had flashed the unpatched 1.0.7. before, did change some BIOS settings and then flashed the patched one with the F7 flash utility from a usb stick.
The machine rebooted 3 times and then 10.8.2 booted much faster.

Can you comment on what BIOS settings you changed? I'm trying to flash a patched 1.0.7 and not having any luck. I flashed 1.0.7 without trouble but the patched version just restarts twice without actually flashing.

Mojo, does your current installation have native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, or a patched one?
And in fresh installation you never got to desktop?

I'm using the patched Appleintelpowermanagement for 10.7.4 ivy bridge from Multibeast 4.6.1. That seems to be the only one that is working. At least with my chameleon config and the dsdt.

Attached you'll also find my bios settings. Maybe there is the problem.

Can you comment on what BIOS settings you changed? I'm trying to flash a patched 1.0.7 and not having any luck. I flashed 1.0.7 without trouble but the patched version just restarts twice without actually flashing.

Yeah my machine also booted twice. But afterwards OSX booted more than twice as fast. So I thought the flashing process worked. But I don't know if there is another method to check if the bios has really been flashed correctly.

########################################################################################
UPDATE: somehow I did it ...

After playing around with the unibeast usb stick I found evidence that the bios patching didn't work.

I reverted to the AICPM.kext from 10.7.4 (multibeast 4.6.1) and copied the Extras folder from the unibeast usb stick ... sleep DIDN'T WORK (still).

Then I installed the SSTD for sandy bridge core i7 from multibeast 5.2.1. And suddenly sleep worked.
Currently I'm using my previous Extra folder again (attached) and even played around with some bios settings concerning sleep (no bios setting had some noticable effect ...)

The last issues are hdmi audio and suspend to disk. I read somewhere else, that for the integrated intel 4000 gpu hdmi audio is only working for displayport. Not that big of a problem because I just use a stereo audio cable which works fine.
The hibernate problem is also not that severe. But it would be fine to hibernate to disk over night, cut the power and continue to work the next day.

Is there any way to determin what kexts are modified/patched/not originally 10.8.2?
This maybe would be interesting for other people who have this mainboard. Any ideads?

Attachments

• 2013-02-13 20.24.06.jpg
    2013-02-13 20.24.06.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 947
  • 2013-02-13 20.24.34.jpg
    2013-02-13 20.24.34.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 993
  • Intel_dh77df_extra_folder.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 135
So F7 flash doesn't work...that's too bad, I was hoping in native power management!
Anyway, if you're interested, there is a way to patch Intel Bios, take a look at this thread from post #20

tomorrow I will try to use the intel flash tool, maybe this works.

Also there is another issue: I dd'd an iso to usb and during that process the system went to sleep but crashed during shutdown. This seems to be connected to autosleep. Any ideas how to solve that?

And how do I get my usb 3.0 connectors to correctly detect my usb 2.0 mass storage devices?

############################
UPDATE
Sleep doesn't work when I connect my usb delock multi card reader. Sleep is immediately stopped and the machine either wakes up or hangs during shutdown.

I also get errors before booting into chameleon: EBIOS error 0x31 .... sector 0.

The card reader works as expected in OS X ...

I am having big troubles with this motherboard. No HDMI-sound through.. should it be work just when you boot the computer? I mean the startup sound, should it come from speakers through HDMI? I have startup sound coming through 3,5 jack, but not via HDMI. Will it work by displayport??

I'm now using Clover to boot OSX, Linux and Windows in uefi + legacy mode.

I updated to the new bios version 1.0.8 (DSDT dump is attached).

What works:
1) HDMI sound output!
2) 2.1 sound, full resolution with both graphics card (radeon hd6570, intel hd4000, also side by side)

What doesn't work:
1) shutdown: the system restarts
2) sleep: the system restarts
3) clover full resolution boot menu with Radeon HD6570
4) boot is slower then with chameleon (~60 secs vs ~20)

I think the first 2 issues are related to booting with UEFI/clover.

# what happend so far
I tried lots of things, but didn't manage to get sleep working correctly when a certain sdcard reader was plugged into the usb 2.0 slot.
Sleep was working fine though with the dsdt provided earlier in this thread.

I tried to flash the modified bios from giacomoleopardo under windows - didn't work. I tried different tools but more or less the same errors came up each time: the bios is locked and therefore cannot be flashed.

Recently I tried clover and find it very sophisticated (though hard to setup ...). I can boot the system with the original AICPM.kext from 10.8.2 installesd.dmg.
Unfortunately, it's not documented very well, or at least the docs are scattered around the web.

Attached you'll also find my clover config file.

#questions
1) Do I need a patched bios if I use UEFI mode? I also activated a bios setting called "Native ASPM". Maybe this unlocks the ACPI table to the OS?
2) why is clover documented so badly? There is only one thread with thousands of posts, but no real wiki or something ... very user unfriendly. Ok, so this was not the real question ;-) How do I fix shutdown and sleep under clover?
3) how to make clover output full res in the boot menu?

Any help is appreciated to get shutdown and sleep working. Thanks in advance ;-)

update:

i managed to improve my setup (10.8.3)
1) shutdown is now working
2) boot time is ~30 sec
3) clover menu with full resolution, although there is some overscan (black border)

sleep still doesnt work. Nor did I manage to get rid of the Thunderbold update in app store.

Attachments

• ACPI dump.zip
    19 KB · Views: 115
  • config.plist
    2.1 KB · Views: 363
Mojo, Does wake by bluetooth and WOL work using clover?

In the meantime nothing really changed. Unfortunately sleep still doesn't work! Actually I think sleep works, but wakeup hangs. So no, wakeup with bluetooth or WOL most likely won't work.

But I think this all could be fixed by creating a better DSDT. But I'm to inexperienced with that :-\
Today I will also try to update clover to the newest version - maybe this makes sleep work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back