Contribute
Register

Intel DH77DF Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

it's me again having a question regarding the video-outputs and the boot time.
If I connect my screen via DVI or HDMI directly to the integrated video-outputs of the intel DH77DF, the boot process lasts about 1min 20secs.
Now I added a Radeon 5450 to the system and the boot process lasts just 20secs. I really don't wanna use this graphics card, because my case is very small (antec isk 310-150) and space is limited.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hi mojo! Have you tried to flash bios with patched one within DPCIManager? SJ_Underwater and CodeRush are working together and, as I've heard from PJALM, there are good chances to flash using DPCIManager. Would you try it?

Got my DH77DF build working really well. Only problem I'm left with is the inability to shutdown. Shutdown works well, until the point of powering off - instead the board just reboots. Frustrating.

I see activity here has ebbed out, so I'm concluding that either a) people have solved this, b) learnt to live it, or c) abandoned using the DH77DF board!

Feedback from people still using the board would be great

Jonas

Well my system runs fine now, except for sleep and usb 3.

I use clover boot and this solved many problems. Regarding sleep: I simply gave up on this issue.
Shutdown is working for me too. Do you use clover boot?

@giacomoleopardo: I will see if I manage to update the bios with dpcimanager. Is it more dangerous to use this tool? Does it override some motherboard security measures?
Well' it seems a lot more risky than I first thought. The tool outputs some messages about this process is most likely to fail.
Does anybody else have some experience with this particular board and this tool?

Overall I'm very happy with my DH77DF + ATI Radeon 6570 + SSD. It's a fast and reliable system.

UPDATE:
USB 2.0 mass storage devices finally working on USB 3.0 ports: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ries-usb-30-fully-working-step-by-step-guide/. I just installed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and everything's perfect ;-)

mojo2012: No, I wasn't using Clover. I spent the last two days not getting anywhere with Clover. I can't even get Clover to boot into its own Graphic interface on a USB stick! Just gets a blue screent with text based menus. Can you give you some details about what you did to get Clover working?

Thanks

I know, it's very hard to get i running, but once it runs it's much better then chimera/chameleon.
Unfortunately the documentation of clover isn't the best ...

That's what I did
1) format you EFI partition or any other small boot partition in fat32.
2) then install clover on that partition. Use the settings shown in the screenshot. Also install clover prefpane (not shown on the screenshot)
3) Extract the efi drivers into the drivers64UEFI directory of you clover installation.

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi: full resoltion for ati radeon cards (and maybe others too)
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi: save OSX EFI nvram settings to a file on the boot partition
FSInject-64.efi: load other disk format drivers (like NTFS)
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi: needed for this motherboard (don't know why)
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi: needed for this motherboard (don't know why)
VboxHfs-64.efi: read HFS partitions
VBoxExt4-64.efi: boot linux

If you don't see any background or drive icons, then this may be caused by bad "nvram" settings (the file mentioned before). You can set a proper theme with this command: sudo nvram Clover.Theme=mrengles. On shutdown the settings should be saved to the nvram file.

What I also need to successfully boot osx on the dh77df is to use the config.plist attached. Basically it enabled AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement patching (on the fly) and some DSDT modifications. Put the dsdt into ACPI/patched/.

With this setup you should be able to get even hdmi audio working.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-06-10 um 21.50.37.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-06-10 um 21.50.37.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 314
  • clover_efi_drivers.zip
    84.4 KB · Views: 140
  • config.plist
    2 KB · Views: 346
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 136
Just gets a blue screent with text based menus

Had the same issuse. Add the name of the theme, that you've installed to your config.plist
Code:
<key>Theme</key>
<string>bootcamp</string>

MacTester

mojo2012: Thank a million for all the details! I've followed your instructions. I can now boot into Clover. But when I start ML it freezes while still on the first screen. I turned on verbose, and I get as far as completing the Kext patching. then it hangs. I'm double check your instructions, and they were followed to the letter. The ML was installed with Unibeast, and patch with multibeast. And still boots fine if I remove the Clover boot USB. Any idea what I've done wrong?

Please post the kernel boot log output. I guess there is a problem with some of the kexts.
Do you boot with the NoKexts option?

Another problem could be that clover cannot load the kernel. In that case you have to experiment with the lowmemory or aptio driver (remove them): http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki/Troubleshooting UEFI Boot/

I guess I'm out of my depth here! Where do I find the Kernel Boot Log? I got the Clover debug log, but that one only shows up until start of the OS boot. And yes, I boot with the NoKexts option.

btw: the only difference I can see between our setups is that I'm using the embedded HD4000 graphics controller. My processor is i7 3770K, and I've 16GB ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back