Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 970 Strix 4G DCU II OC Graphic Card
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, trying to install Mountain Lion on my Asus H97m-e mobo.
So far I think I may have run into a Graphics Issue, (halts right on the dreaded bluetooth error)
Tried and was just able to get to the desktop but had to use 64mb of dedicated ram, which wasnt enough for some applications I need to use unfortunately.
I thought about installing another GPU on a PCIx1 slot but apparently it needed to be on the 1st 16x slot where I currently have my 970 in. Unfortunately I still plan to use the Asus GPU on Windows as I do most my gaming on there
Was wondering if anyone knew a way to get this beast working for ML?
Thanks!

Was wondering if anyone knew a way to get this beast working for ML?
Thanks!

The 970 is currently only supported in Yosemite and requires the Nvidia web drivers.

Cheers thanks, what about Integrated graphics? (Intel 4600)
Yes the integrated HD4600(Haswell) will work. Support was added in 10.8.5. How you will get on with a refresh chip I'm not sure.

Yes the integrated HD4600(Haswell) will work. Support was added in 10.8.5. How you will get on with a refresh chip I'm not sure.

Hmm. Well I've got the 'Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon 4.0GHz Socket 1150' which I believe is a Haswell 'refresh' chip.
Is this a totally different matter? Or graphics related

Hmm. Well I've got the 'Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon 4.0GHz Socket 1150' which I believe is a Haswell 'refresh' chip.
Is this a totally different matter? Or graphics related

As i said I'm not sure. Haswell 8 series support was only added to ML 10.8.5. Apple hardware upgrades(devils canyon) were implemented in Mavericks. I've seen success in Mavericks using the refresh chips. It may well work ok in ML, try it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back