Contribute
Register

Installing Snow Leopard on ASUS P8 H77-M PRO HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello jmaxdp,

I've got the same motherboard and a CPU whose HD4000 graphics I am using, and am also experiencing the flashing sidebars and videos, so this probably isn't an isolated issue. I'm running 10.8.2, so the flash issues from 10.8.0 haven't been resolved yet. Did you get audio to work, and, if so, what kext did you use? The Multibeast ALC892 kexts haven't worked for me.

Sorry for posting a duplicate. As my sidebar proclaimed, I am a noob. My browser didn't load quite correctly, so I thought I hadn't posted.

ASUS P8 H77-M Pro - Motherboard
i7 3770K Intel - Proccessor
8GB DDR3 RAM x 4 (i cant take three out but that puts me at 8GB still)
PNY Nividia 210 (Terrible video card)

I am using the iBoot + MultiBeast method
I have a retail DVD of Snow Leopard
I can't get past the chimera boot screen it show a grey screen with the apple logo. I'm also not sure what settings for BIOS

Turned Sata to ACHI Mode
and Boot Priority to DVD

I need help!

jmazdp

News Flash....

We have a new iBoot cd for Ivy Bridge that supports the Ivy Bridge line of CPU's and this should allow you to get you to install SL and then allow You to get to the APP store and purchase - download - make - and install a UniBeast flash Drive. :clap:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

jmaxdp,

Are HD 4000 graphics working out for you? I haven't been able to get it to work. Do you have a transparent menu bar (a sign that the graphics kext loaded)?

EDIT: Never mind. My CPU has HD 2500 graphics, not HD 4000. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back