Contribute
Register

Installing Snow Leopard on ASUS P8 H77-M PRO HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ASUS P8 H77-M Pro - Motherboard
i7 3770K Intel - Proccessor
8GB DDR3 RAM x 4 (i cant take three out but that puts me at 8GB still)
PNY Nividia 210 (Terrible video card)

I am using the iBoot + MultiBeast method
I have a retail DVD of Snow Leopard
I can't get past the chimera boot screen it show a grey screen with the apple logo. I'm also not sure what settings for BIOS

Turned Sata to ACHI Mode
and Boot Priority to DVD

I need help!

Ok I took out that video card.
Installed and updated Snow Leopard.
Now I have no functionality in the following:

USB Ports 2.0 or 3.0
Disc Drive Recognition
Sound
Ethernet

Basically I can't do anything but I'm able to boot up using iBoot Legacy disc only.
Also, I can only get into SL with the boot tag npci=0x2000
Chameleon won't install on my partition or I can't get to it because of boot0 error.
Multibeast networking kexts are not working for ethernet recognition, either is installing the actual RTL8111F driver directly.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge HD 4000
ASUS P8H77-M Pro

[SUCCESS!!!]
I have successfully installed Mountain Lion!
All ports working, dvd drive, ethernet. No sound or video card recognition yet but pretty impressive.
I'm going to use OSx86 Tools to fix sound and video tonight.
Thanks for the tips. BridgeHelper would not work. UniBeast + App Store bought ML only.
ScreenShots coming soon!

Mountain Lion 10.8 OS X
ASUS P8H77-M Pro
32GB Patriot 1866Mhz RAM
120GB Corsair SSD

[SUCCESS!!!]
I have successfully installed Mountain Lion!
All ports working, dvd drive, ethernet. No sound or video card recognition yet but pretty impressive.
I'm going to use OSx86 Tools to fix sound and video tonight.
Thanks for the tips. BridgeHelper would not work. UniBeast + App Store bought ML only.
ScreenShots coming soon!

Mountain Lion 10.8 OS X
ASUS P8H77-M Pro
32GB Patriot 1866Mhz RAM
120GB Corsair SSD

jmaxdp

Congrats -
Also you may want to update the Chimea Boot loader as MacMan has updated a newer one that should help us out and I am sure that it will be rolled into the LION and MT LION UNIBEAST builds shortly,

The new version is available from the DOWNLOADS section,

enjoy

jmaxdp

Congrats -
Also you may want to update the Chimea Boot loader as MacMan has updated a newer one that should help us out and I am sure that it will be rolled into the LION and MT LION UNIBEAST builds shortly,

The new version is available from the DOWNLOADS section,

enjoy

Um...Mountain Lion MultiBeast 5.0 was released yesterday, and includes the latest Chimera 1.11.1.

My Bios is 0915 for the P8H77-M Pro and let me you, I didn't change a think from that 0806 Bios settings, all I did was update the Bios and everything started working perfectly.

Wow! I'm so glad that the new Multi-Beast is out now. My system is fully functional already though so I don't know if I show mess with it. My only problem now is that all videos and sliders that use flash flicker or don't play at all. I tried installing a previous version of flash player, the flickering stops on flash banners but video doesn't show up, only ( plug-in disabled ) is shown. I don't really know how to fix that because it doesn't seem to be a build problem. Taking suggestions on that problem.

Otherwise everything else is great and working. With Chimera 1.11 and Profile system saved on my bios, I have Dual Boot Windows 7 and Mountain Lion with Adobe Master Collection and Maya 13 working on both of them. Posting a youtube video soon.

160GB Corsair Solid State Drives w/ Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 + 1TB Seagate HD slave
160GB Corsair Solid State Drives w/ Windows 7 Ultimate + 1TB Seagate HD slave
ASUS P8H77-M Pro
32GB Patriot 1866Mhz RAM
Still no graphics card :problem:

My Bios is 0915 for the P8H77-M Pro and let me you, I didn't change a think from that 0806 Bios settings, all I did was update the Bios and everything started working perfectly.

Wow! I'm so glad that the new Multi-Beast is out now. My system is fully functional already though so I don't know if I show mess with it. My only problem now is that all videos and sliders that use flash flicker or don't play at all. I tried installing a previous version of flash player, the flickering stops on flash banners but video doesn't show up, only ( plug-in disabled ) is shown. I don't really know how to fix that because it doesn't seem to be a build problem. Taking suggestions on that problem.

Otherwise everything else is great and working. With Chimera 1.11 and Profile system saved on my bios, I have Dual Boot Windows 7 and Mountain Lion with Adobe Master Collection and Maya 13 working on both of them. Posting a youtube video soon.

160GB Corsair Solid State Drives w/ Mountain Lion OS X 10.8 + 1TB Seagate HD slave
ASUS P8H77-M Pro
32GB Patriot 1866Mhz RAM
Still no graphics card :problem:

jmaxdp

as to video cards check these out -

TonyMac listing of alternative sources for information you may find usefull
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2130

this is a bit dated but comments are accurate regarding their OOB status.
TonyMac listing of supported video cards that you may find usefull
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

Thank You for the links. I have an onboard graphics and I'm using the HD 4000 Ivy Bridge chip with
Edit sample: "com.apple.Boot.plist"
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050@60Hz</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

ASUS P8H77-M Pro
32GB Patriot 1866Mhz RAM

Thank You for the links. I have an onboard graphics and I'm using the HD 4000 Ivy Bridge chip with
Edit sample: "com.apple.Boot.plist"
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050@60Hz</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

ASUS P8H77-M Pro
32GB Patriot 1866Mhz RAM

jmaxdp

As to the flashing Flash .. I see that Adobe has released a newer version 11.3 dated 8/14/2012
have you tried this version.
If not then its more likely up to Apple to fix this as HD4000 was just supported in OSX10.8 and as we are on version ZERO of this OS - to me this means that these anoyances get patched in the next update. 10.8.1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back