Contribute
Register

Installing 10.8.3 on ASRock Z77 Extreme4 with i5 3570k

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely a graphical driver issue. Now with the settings you gave me it stops at the end if the Bluetooth initialization. I tried this with intel hd 4000, the HD 7870, and the GTX 660 and only the AMD card gave me a slightly different message at the end. It just detected the AMD card and that was it.

It's definitely a graphical driver issue. Now with the settings you gave me it stops at the end if the Bluetooth initialization. I tried this with intel hd 4000, the HD 7870, and the GTX 660 and only the AMD card gave me a slightly different message at the end. It just detected the AMD card and that was it

good u have more options now didn't know u had a gtx 660. now u are almost there with the 660 use GraphicsEnabler=NO without the PCIRootUID=0 if issues add the the PCIRootUID=0 flag if still issues ad NPCI=0x3000 flag

use those for both the amd/ati cards and the gtx660

So far it still isn't working. It still stops at after loading the Bluetooth stuff.
Also does the order of the commands matter? Do I still need to enter the other commands for dart an whatnot?

for now use these boot flags GraphicsEnabler=NO PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 remember these are case sensitive let me know your results

I think I partially figured out why it wasn't working. The last time I had OS X running I partitioned the boot SSD so I could install Ubuntu. This whole time I didn't realize that OS X would have trouble installing to a boot drive with two main partitions. Now I have cleared Ubuntu but already began installing OS X from Snow Leopard using the retail DVD and using my old MSI motherboard. After I successfully install 10.8.4 via Unibeast 2.0 I'll try to transfer the drive to the ASRock system and see if I can boot from that.

use these boot flags GraphicsEnabler=NO PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000

Since I installed 10.6.8 I noticed something odd after creating a new unibeast drive. When I try to boot into 10.6.8 using the drive instead of iboot the startup hangs. I noticed the same thing with the default chimera bootloader. There's just something wrong with chimera that's not working on my systems. I watched the bootup in verbose mode and it still gets stuck with the graphical drivers.

i know this is off topic at the moment.one day u will able to remember how hard it was at the beginning of your start of your osx journey to now and realize how much u have have leaned from this.in long run its worth all the knowledge that u have learned and make it easier for other people such as yourself at this point.back on topic now.you gfx card wont have any support till u get to ml 10.8.3 its better at this point for u to use -x safe mode in the mean time ill see if i can find a better guide for u have a nice day.

So at least I got 10.8.4 finally working with my MSI build (again). For some reason booting into safe mode on the msi board allowed networking whereas it was disabled on the ASRock board. Because of this I was able to run MultiBeast and fix things up. So with this install I should be able to safe boot into the ASRock board and make the necessary changes in MultiBeast to get it working normally.
Also do you recall how to revert the .kext files MultiBeast changes with the originals for changes that don't work out?

So at least I got 10.8.4 finally working with my MSI build (again). For some reason booting into safe mode on the msi board allowed networking whereas it was disabled on the ASRock board. Because of this I was able to run MultiBeast and fix things up. So with this install I should be able to safe boot into the ASRock board and make the necessary changes in MultiBeast to get it working normally.
Also do you recall how to revert the .kext files MultiBeast changes with the originals for changes that don't work out?

baisicley u get 1 shot at it if u messed up by assident its better to do fress install.your lan has no support at this time its bcm57781 disable your lan in bios so u wont get any kp from it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 5.00.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 5.00.03 PM.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 5.05.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 5.05.03 PM.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back