Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD 7870
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently I swapped my MSI G41 out for the ASRock mentioned above since the old board had random shutdowns, dysfunctional PS/2 USB 3.0 ports and was bad at overclocking. 10.8.3 worked fine on that board with any of my GPU's (GT 640, GTX 660, Intel HD 4000) besides the HD 7870.

So basically what happens is that I am able to get into the installation setup and install OS X to my SSD. The installation appears to finish successfully and when I reboot to boot into OS X it just stays stuck on the white Apple screen with the wheel spinning indefinitely.
I got back to Unibeast to wipe the SSD and reinstall OS X while checking the error log and found quite a few errors in it's startup. I'll post them here when I get back from work.
Any idea if I can make it work?

So after some work I was able to boot into OS X in safe mode. The error logs I found seemed to pertain to my audio hardware not being compatible. Some other things may be incompatible too.
I'm guessing there's no way to get this thing working easily.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,076
Even after installing the patched BIOS and changing all the settings it still gets stuck at
"[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"
I reinstalled 10.8.3 using the integrated hd 4000 graphics though this still happens.

Not sure if it applies with your board, but does setting the bios to internal graphics first and 64meg help? Pretty sure you have a graphics problem as that should be the next bit after bluetooth (I think). Have read a few times about setting video ram to 64meg sorts it.

so u know asrock mobos cant use 64mb in chimera/chameleon only in clover bootloader. boot with this flag others claim that cpus=1 fixes iobluetooth kp if it solves it then u can edit the org.chameleonplist to include when booting good luck.

Thanks Stehor - didn't know that! Hope it works for Ivan

so u know asrock mobos cant use 64mb in chimera/chameleon only in clover bootloader. boot with this flag others claim that cpus=1 fixes iobluetooth kp if it solves it then u can edit the org.chameleonplist to include when booting good luck.

ivan its time to get going boot with -f dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=yes if using hd4000/3000 if using nvida 6xx or amd 7xxx use GraphicsEnabler=NO when u get this working edit org.chameleonboot.plist with these flags

So it still doesn't boot up with the settings you gave me. Now it's giving me a power management error. I'm not sure where I should go from here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,541
ok now with these these flags please -v GraphicsEnabler=YES this is for hd4000
if u want to try ati card -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back