Contribute
Register

Installation keeps getting stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Studio 1558 -OSX 10.9.2
CPU
Intel Core i5 M520 (Gen 1 Arrandale 2.4GHz)
Graphics
Intel Ironlake Accelerated Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've tried different USB ports on my Dell Studio 1558 laptop. The USB drive is good, I made it on my Mountain Lion iMac.

It hangs on this line:
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address (ethernet address here)

I've tried different USB ports on my Dell Studio 1558 laptop. The USB drive is good, I made it on my Mountain Lion iMac.

It hangs on this line:
com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx: Ethernet address (ethernet address here)

Probably a graphics issue. What are the specs of your laptop?

Try with GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x

- - - Updated - - -

Probably a graphics issue. What are the specs of your laptop?

Try with GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x

I already tried that, I am going to try on my Toshiba Satelite but I really want to get this Dell running since it's specs are pretty good.

Intel Core i5 2.5GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
I don't know about the graphics, I think it's the default graphics that come with the computer (Intel graphics?)

I disabled the following in BIOS: Virtualization, Bluetooth, and Ethernet port. Now it hangs on: [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

- - - Updated - - -

I already tried that, I am going to try on my Toshiba Satelite but I really want to get this Dell running since it's specs are pretty good.

Intel Core i5 2.5GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
I don't know about the graphics, I think it's the default graphics that come with the computer (Intel graphics?)

I disabled the following in BIOS: Virtualization, Bluetooth, and Ethernet port. Now it hangs on: [IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

It is definitely a graphics problem. First step is to figure out what graphics you have. You say it is a Core i5, but not the exact model, so no telling whether that is Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/or Haswell. What is the exact CPU model?

It is definitely a graphics problem. First step is to figure out what graphics you have. You say it is a Core i5, but not the exact model, so no telling whether that is Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/or Haswell. What is the exact CPU model?

Hi, just went into BIOS, the CPU is a Intel Core i5 M20 running at 2.4GHz

Are you sure? I've never heard of "i5-M20" ???

I'll double check, sorry, I've been running back and forth between my Mac and my Laptop:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back