Motherboard
MSI Z97-G43
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
R9 380X
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I have tried to install high sierra so many times and every time it freezes at grey (space gray) screen. I can't launch with safe mode - it just doesn't work at all. GraphicEnabler=No also doesn't work. What can I do about it?

Hello, I have tried to install high sierra so many times and every time it freezes at grey (space gray) screen. I can't launch with safe mode - it just doesn't work at all. GraphicEnabler=No also doesn't work. What can I do about it?

Hello there.

When the UniBeast Clover menu comes up, at the "External" icon press the Spacebar and select "Safe Mode" or "-x", that should get you going.

Your problem is in all likelihood related to the R9-380X GPU, but using Safe Mode should get you installing :thumbup:.

Hello there.

When the UniBeast Clover menu comes up, at the "External" icon press the Spacebar and select "Safe Mode" or "-x", that should get you going.

Your problem is in all likelihood related to the R9-380X GPU, but using Safe Mode should get you installing :thumbup:.

When I use Safe Mode it restarts (crashes). I tried so many times today with different settings and still the same result.
I recorded short video: (safe mode IS turned on)
VIDEO

When I use Safe Mode it restarts (crashes). I tried so many times today with different settings and still the same result.
I recorded short video: (safe mode IS turned on)
VIDEO

Okay.

1) The 'crash' in Safe Mode might not be a graphics issue.

2) You do not need the GraphicsEnabler switch.

3) The GPU failing to initialise display can be fixed using the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts once macOS is installed.

4) If you can't get as far as installing, make another copy of the UniBeast config.plist and give it a new name, such as config-radeon.plist. Open this and add the 'RadeonDeInit=true' key. If you look for the text you should find it, or you can add it using Clover Configurator. Once you have done this save it in the UniBeast EFI partition, EFI/CLOVER directory.

Now when you boot to the Clover menu, scroll along with the mouse until you get to Options and choose Config>. In here you will see the original config.plist and your new one. Select this and see if that helps :thumbup:

If it does not then you can go back and select the original config.plist.

4) If you can't get as far as installing, make another copy of the UniBeast config.plist and give it a new name, such as config-radeon.plist. Open this and add the 'RadeonDeInit=true' key. If you look for the text you should find it, or you can add it using Clover Configurator. Once you have done this save it in the UniBeast EFI partition, EFI/CLOVER directory.

I did exacly what you said

Attachments

• 15555436148715557097209135272081.jpg
    15555436148715557097209135272081.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
Okay. You don't give any further details to go on, sadly. Only that you are trying to install High Sierra.

I will try this workaround. I'm not sure what further details could be. Do you think that I should try with mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back