Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

Reboot the installer itself then copy FakeSMC back to /System/Library/Extensions.

If its sticking on IOBluetooth it may well be graphics related. Post an image of what you see in verbose mode.
Thanks Wonkie for the immediate reply... by the time I saw your post I had already done it all over again. I m at the point right before the fakesmc. The nuc works like a charm... I m **** scared to move on.... I ll just read the guide letter by letter and give it another shot.

Thanks Wonkie for the immediate reply... by the time I saw your post I had already done it all over again. I m at the point right before the fakesmc. The nuc works like a charm... I m **** scared to move on.... I ll just read the guide letter by letter and give it another shot.

If you mean FakeSMC at Section 9, you can happily forget it. As stated in the start of that section, it is entirely optional and your NUC is already configured by that point anyway.

Hi
I have the same monitor and I am employing the mini HDMI port and it is working fine. I have had the same issues as you described when I was employing Mini DisplayPort.

King regards,
Smoc

Now I have another problem - Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort on my Dell U2414H monitor doesn't even print a BIOS boot screen - I'm going to try mini HDMI as soon as I can find a cable. Is this a common problem with the NUCs? I've tried removing 1 stick of memory and am not getting any beeps or blinking LED codes.

"I guess I'm stuck until you update this guide for 10.9.5.". Everything was working but because I'm a dumb I updated to 10.9.5 (because I love to update softwares) without asking me if it will work. So, I'm stuck too :banghead:

You should wait before randomly applying software updates. The guide has been produced after many hours of testing, patching, checking things out, updating, crashing, patching again. You get the idea...

I have provided the guide so that our NUC users have a solid base to work from; the instructions and end result have been verified many times before the guide is posted. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, and some of the finer art, then you should wait for updated versions of the guide.

Also, my time is limited, so I cant just jump on an OSX update as soon as it is released and instantly provide an update to the guide. Part of the reason it works so well is because of the time spent testing etc, as described above.

It will be updated, but only when I am happy with testing and the end result. Until that time, my recommendation is that you stay with the current version. 10.9.5 doesnt offer us any amazingly new functionality that we did not have before, so please, be patient.

:thumbup:

I just did a successfull upgrade to 10.9.5 by patching the new mach_kernel using this guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html (patching with both giving the 49f889eeb27689bec3d1aea30e2ed328 md5 checksum).

I just followed the guide and replaced the old mach_kernel with the new one and it booted successfully.

I just did a successfull upgrade to 10.9.5 by patching the new mach_kernel using this guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html (patching with both giving the 49f889eeb27689bec3d1aea30e2ed328 md5 checksum).

I just followed the guide and replaced the old mach_kernel with the new one and it booted successfully.

Correct. This is the kernel patching method we have been using for some time.

Great work mate!
And hows the functionality kausalitet? Audio, display, etc?

Hey all!

This is my first time building a Hackintosh and I am really excited about it.

However I keep getting this error:

IMG_3057.jpg

I have tried different flags I found on other peoples solutions, but without luck.

If you need more information about my settings and setup, please tell me.
Basically the computer is the same as in the tutorial and I followed every step to the word.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

Hey all!

This is my first time building a Hackintosh and I am really excited about it.

However I keep getting this error:

View attachment 105012

I have tried different flags I found on other peoples solutions, but without luck.

If you need more information about my settings and setup, please tell me.
Basically the computer is the same as in the tutorial and I followed every step to the word.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

That is a known issue that happens with hackintosh machines in general and is not unique to the NUC. You may have better luck if each time you reboot the NUC, you let it power down completely, leave it a couple of minutes, and then power up again. This has worked on some of my other hackintosh builds.

I am currently reworking the guide for 10.9.5 and ironing out a few issues; you may be wise to wait until the update is complete, at which time I will post a message here to let everyone know things have been tested and checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back