Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

That is a known issue that happens with hackintosh machines in general and is not unique to the NUC. You may have better luck if each time you reboot the NUC, you let it power down completely, leave it a couple of minutes, and then power up again. This has worked on some of my other hackintosh builds.

I am currently reworking the guide for 10.9.5 and ironing out a few issues; you may be wise to wait until the update is complete, at which time I will post a message here to let everyone know things have been tested and checked out.

:thumbup:

I want to thank you very much for your fast reply. Also thank you for your hard work on creating this tutorial for the rest of us.

I will keep on trying to get past this error by cutting the power completely for a few minutes each try.

I want to thank you very much for your fast reply. Also thank you for your hard work on creating this tutorial for the rest of us.

I will keep on trying to get past this error by cutting the power completely for a few minutes each try.

I advise you to wait until the guide update is completed. There are a couple of show-stoppers right now, and the 10.9.5 kernel is not included as yet.

Great! thanks

Great! thanks

The final 10.9.5 guide should be available in the next couple of days. Im doing final testing on the new audio setup and due to other changes in Unibeast/Multibeast etc, the guide is being nicely trimmed down to make it simpler to accomplish.

The final 10.9.5 guide should be available in the next couple of days. Im doing final testing on the new audio setup and due to other changes in Unibeast/Multibeast etc, the guide is being nicely trimmed down to make it simpler to accomplish.

Can you put a section on how possibly we can do a dual boot installation with your guide (even if untested but possible steps).. Having issues with clover in other and might give this a try...

Can you put a section on how possibly we can do a dual boot installation with your guide (even if untested but possible steps).. Having issues with clover in other and might give this a try...

Dual boot with Windows 7 on this method is very simple indeed. Give me time to finish updating the guide and then I'll give you some pointers if you like.

Dual boot with Windows 7 on this method is very simple indeed. Give me time to finish updating the guide and then I'll give you some pointers if you like.

sure... also does your ethernet kext have sleep / wake issue??

waiting eagerly for guide to finish with some windows 8.1 install tips :)

I downloaded all the files before 10.9.5 came out and I finally got to follow through on my NUC installation tonight. Made it Multibeast installation where the NUC froze, then the kernel on the installation keeps panicking when booting. Boot parameters are correct and my installation has always been 10.9.4. Does it still have to do with the updating to 10.9.5, and can I recover by booting into a terminal from the installer stick I made following this guide (which was done a week ago), and do the next few steps in there?

I downloaded all the files before 10.9.5 came out and I finally got to follow through on my NUC installation tonight. Made it Multibeast installation where the NUC froze, then the kernel on the installation keeps panicking when booting. Boot parameters are correct and my installation has always been 10.9.4. Does it still have to do with the updating to 10.9.5, and can I recover by booting into a terminal from the installer stick I made following this guide (which was done a week ago), and do the next few steps in there?

The guide is mid-way between versions at this very moment, I am updating and testing. The new version 5.5 of the install pack is already uploaded so if you have taken the kernel from that then you have a mismatch since the kernel in that is the 10.9.5 version; the previous was the 10.9.4 version.

If it has always been 10.9.4 then what is it you are trying to achieve right now ?

sure... also does your ethernet kext have sleep / wake issue??

waiting eagerly for guide to finish with some windows 8.1 install tips :)

I wont be able to help you with 8.0 or 8.1 as I will never use either. I think there are some dual boot guides for windows 8 in the forums though if you search around.

Sleep works perfectly here using the normal method of selecting it from the Apple menu, as does waking up using the mouse/keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back