Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

The Files in the folder are : org.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbios.plist, SSDT.ami and SSDT-1.ami

The Work after the Sound Chapter is missing at the moment. Has only 4 hours sleep before work today ;)

The Files in the folder are : org.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbios.plist, SSDT.ami and SSDT-1.ami

The Work after the Sound Chapter is missing at the moment. Has only 4 hours sleep before work today ;)

So how are the devices connected between the NUC, receiver and TV ?

yes the nuc is direct with the receiver over hdmi connected.
From there with hdmi to the TV

yes the nuc is direct with the receiver over hdmi connected.
From there with hdmi to the TV

Connect the NUC direct to the TV.

Go to Apps/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup and check the output settings there.

You may need to create an aggregate or multi output device.

Hi

I have been experiencing network issues with large network transfers (>20GB) with the driver e1000, version 3.0.4, of Multibeast 6.2.2 as follows:

25/05/14 21:33:14,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelE1000e(Err): Detected Hardware Unit Hang:
25/05/14 21:38:09,000 kernel[0]: failed to getphysicalsegment in outputPacket.

As a workaround I have just installed the driver version 2.4.14 of Multibeast 6.2.2 and it seems working fine (> 60 GB of file transfers).

Kind regards,
Smoc

Hi

I have been experiencing network issues with large network transfers (>20GB) with the driver e1000, version 3.0.4, of Multibeast 6.2.2 as follows:

25/05/14 21:33:14,000 kernel[0]: AppleIntelE1000e(Err): Detected Hardware Unit Hang:
25/05/14 21:38:09,000 kernel[0]: failed to getphysicalsegment in outputPacket.

As a workaround I have just installed the driver version 2.4.14 of Multibeast 6.2.2 and it seems working fine (> 60 GB of file transfers).

Kind regards,
Smoc

I haven't experienced this though I stick to wireless rather than ethernet. Useful for others to know though, thanks!

Both boot options (UEFI and Legacy) are enabled in the bios because without it, some SSD's were not showing up at all. If it works for your setup without UEFI thats fine. I'm not running dual boot here and certainly wouldn't touch Win8 lol

Oh no I was able to change all the settings back to how you instruct in your guide. The problem was the boot loader for Windows was the only UEFI being recognized by the NUC and also when you attempted to have Chimera boot to the Windows partition in GPT it threw a boot error. It was all with the install method of the Windows drive. Everything is working perfect, AC wireless working full speed, bluetooth with no hiccups. Very much pleased.

Thanks,

learjet7

Oh no I was able to change all the settings back to how you instruct in your guide. The problem was the boot loader for Windows was the only UEFI being recognized by the NUC and also when you attempted to have Chimera boot to the Windows partition in GPT it threw a boot error. It was all with the install method of the Windows drive. Everything is working perfect, AC wireless working full speed, bluetooth with no hiccups. Very much pleased.

Thanks,

learjet7

Your hdmi audio too ?

Can you confirm your display make/model and connection type please.

I installed Mavericks 10.9.1 on my DZ87KLT-75K and with the guide I prepared unibeast 10.9.3, after all I updated my OS version to 10.9.3 with App Store app and when my computer restarted booted up with the Unibeast and then copied the new mach_kernel from Unibeast to Macintosh HD with Terminal app. After a restart my sound was gone but Multibeast made my sound working again. Thanks for the precious guide. (sorry for my bad English)

I decided I will update you guys on the success of the NUC. Thanks to your guys guidance and a lot of reading up on how to get things set up and running well, i have finally got my NUC Hackintoshed, and running stable.

I had WIFI/BT Issues due to an Intel Centrino 1030 card which I got without really thinking, I chucked in the WIFI only card back in the NUC when I brought it (Second Hand) And WIFI worked instantly. I ordered myself a cheap bluetooth USB dongle as I need bluetooth for my audio, and my apple mouse and keyboard. Asides from that, my NUC is running well!

I even managed to customise the About this Mac with a picture of the right NUC (I just worked with your tutorial, making my own version for my model)

IMG_3786.jpg

I thank you guys for the help, as i was a bit lost beforehand. I would like to stick around the forums, and i am sure i will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back