Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

Hi there, I am new to the forums and hackintoshing, so I am sorry if I sound like a noob.
I have been following your guide, and it is the best guide I have found so far! I don't have the exact NUC as you do I have the Intel NUC DC32171YE but this process ALMOST works, I get to the stage where I have installed Mavericks and need to boot into Mac OS, i let things load, but then after a few minutes it just halts to a stop here:

IMG_3752.jpg

Any advice of guidance would be very much appreciated! I am aware I am quite ignorant when it comes to hackintoshing, especially with a NUC

Thanks a ton!!

Hi there, I am new to the forums and hackintoshing, so I am sorry if I sound like a noob.
I have been following your guide, and it is the best guide I have found so far! I don't have the exact NUC as you do I have the Intel NUC DC32171YE but this process ALMOST works, I get to the stage where I have installed Mavericks and need to boot into Mac OS, i let things load, but then after a few minutes it just halts to a stop here:

View attachment 93716

Any advice of guidance would be very much appreciated! I am aware I am quite ignorant when it comes to hackintoshing, especially with a NUC

Thanks a ton!!

Well ive never used that model. I *think* going from the screenshot that its graphics related. You have the i3 CPU if im not mistaken, that has the HD4000 IGP, whereas this one has the HD5000.

You need a different IGPlatformID, and the first one I would try is 0166000A.

So where my guide uses IGPlatformID=0D220003 yours would be IGPlatformID=0166000A

If that works you would then need to add it into your configuration file afterwards to make it permanent.

Im not 100% sure that will work for yours though.

If you search for a thread titled 'New Intel HD Graphics Boot Flags In Chimera' you will find a list of all the currently available platform IDs. You may need to try several of them before you find one that works for you.

Let us know how it goes!

Also, dont worry about those bluetooth errors, they are nothing to be concerned about and wouldnt prevent it working. They happen on most hackintoshes where bluetooth is not installed.

Awesome, that got me through my first hurdle! Like you said I should try to use IGPlatformID=0166000A instead. This got me into the OS. I also changed this in the configuration file. I have since progressed to the point where I need to Remove the bootable USB drive, and restart the NUC.

When I restart the NUC this happens:

IMG_3758.jpg

Sadly I do not know where I went wrong, as I have been following your tutorial very closely, that may be bad seeing I am trying to do this on a different system, but I have been mostly successful so far! I have gone through from the start to this point twice now, both times with the same result..

I have done a little looking around on the forums and I am about to try a couple of methods, but I am not feeling lucky, as I am quite out of my depth, have you encountered this issue on any of your NUCS?

Thanks a ton, I appreciate your help!!

EDIT

i have made it past the Boot0 problem, but instantly into another:

IMG_3759.jpg

This is without the USB drive in the NUC now, this is how far i get booting off the SSD

I know I will have something wrong in the way that I have it set up to boot, but where I have gone wrong, I am unsure! Would you be able to spread any light on this situation?

Awesome, that got me through my first hurdle! Like you said I should try to use IGPlatformID=0166000A instead. This got me into the OS. I also changed this in the configuration file. I have since progressed to the point where I need to Remove the bootable USB drive, and restart the NUC.

When I restart the NUC this happens:

View attachment 93721

Sadly I do not know where I went wrong, as I have been following your tutorial very closely, that may be bad seeing I am trying to do this on a different system, but I have been mostly successful so far! I have gone through from the start to this point twice now, both times with the same result..

I have done a little looking around on the forums and I am about to try a couple of methods, but I am not feeling lucky, as I am quite out of my depth, have you encountered this issue on any of your NUCS?

Thanks a ton, I appreciate your help!!

EDIT

i have made it past the Boot0 problem, but instantly into another:

View attachment 93722

This is without the USB drive in the NUC now, this is how far i get booting off the SSD

I know I will have something wrong in the way that I have it set up to boot, but where I have gone wrong, I am unsure! Would you be able to spread any light on this situation?

That is the kernel panic for power management kext.

You will need to install nullcpupowermanagement.kext into system/library/extensions to get further.

Well what a surprise, that fixed my problem instantly!! I managed to boot into OSX without my USB
But i managed to stuff up other stuff trying to get my bluetooth and wifi to work because I can't seem to get them working, I will start fresh tomorrow hopefully with a bit more knowledge!!

Thanks for all the help people!

Well what a surprise, that fixed my problem instantly!! I managed to boot into OSX without my USB
But i managed to stuff up other stuff trying to get my bluetooth and wifi to work because I can't seem to get them working, I will start fresh tomorrow hopefully with a bit more knowledge!!

You'll need to swap out the wireless/BT card I would expect to get that working (all NUC models I think come with non compatible cards).

Dont fall into the trap of expecting every part of the hardware to work instantly, its never gonna happen. My guide took many many hours of testing, checking, wiping and re-installing! I gradually worked my way through the list of hardware until it all worked (Except the CIR).

You should take a similar approach. Forget your wireless & bluetooth right now. Concentrate on getting it booting first. Then move onto the graphics. Then the ethernet. And then look at power management. And not forgetting of course, those configuration files are currently NOT optimized for your NUC right now. If you work hard on those and get the information in them, it can make quite a difference for your NUC.

Read up about an SSDT is and why its important, because mine is not suited to your processor.

The more prepared to read and learn about this stuff the better, and the more patient you are in setting up your NUC the more likely it is to succeed.

We will of course try to help where we can here, but that doesnt guarantee you success, but I believe based on your hardware that it can be made to work.

:thumbup:

I got the Wifi and Bluetooth working from a different thread WD. Working great and very easy!! http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

Now I have a separate issue. I have installed Windows 8.1 on an Intel 2.5" SSD. I cannot seem to get the boot priority to boot the mSata first. Any ideas? Reason why is if I can boot to Chameleon boot screen, I can select Windows disk in the future. I have played with the UEFI boot options and just can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks!!

learjet7

I got the Wifi and Bluetooth working from a different thread WD. Working great and very easy!! http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

Now I have a separate issue. I have installed Windows 8.1 on an Intel 2.5" SSD. I cannot seem to get the boot priority to boot the mSata first. Any ideas? Reason why is if I can boot to Chameleon boot screen, I can select Windows disk in the future. I have played with the UEFI boot options and just can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks!!

learjet7

Did you remove the mSATA before installing Windows?

If not, then Windows has probably messed up your Chameleon, so it does not see the mSATA as a bootable device.

Try re-installing Chimera/Chameleon to the mSATA drive.

Did you remove the mSATA before installing Windows?

If not, then Windows has probably messed up your Chameleon, so it does not see the mSATA as a bootable device.

Try re-installing Chimera/Chameleon to the mSATA drive.

Also, hit F10 when you boot and lets see what is on the screen, do you see both SSD's to pick from or just one of them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back