Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

It shows up in my purchases. I go to download and I get a 1004 error. I've tried some of the suggested solutions for the 1004 App Store error to no avail.

This has nothing to do with Mavericks - with a 1004 you can't download anything from the store. Just try a different purchase. One of my Macs also shows the 1004, but on other Macs it works like a charm. So try and google for "1004 AppStore" for help or try a different Mac.

This has nothing to do with Mavericks - with a 1004 you can't download anything from the store. Just try a different purchase. One of my Macs also shows the 1004, but on other Macs it works like a charm. So try and google for "1004 AppStore" for help or try a different Mac.

I've got 11 purchases including both Mavericks and Lion. All but Mavericks download with no issues. The 1004 only happens with Mavericks which is why I thought it was specific to Mavericks

Hi Wonkey,

Thanks so much for the guide, having experience with building other mackintoshes this truly was a breeze. My Hardware is as Follows:

D54250WYKH1
2 x Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 CT102464BF160B
WIRELESS N CARD DW1515 ATHEROS AR5BHB92 AR9280 MINI CARD
Samsung 840 Series 120 GB 2.5inch ssd

I upgraded my server from a mini itx with an ssd and 4 3.5 hdd for storage all in the case using sata. I had no issues but a friend was in dire need of a new computer and i was in dire need of spending money on a not needed new computer :) , but i have had this badboy in my amazon wishlist for probably over a year now and finally pulled the trigger. Along with it I got a "Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0" to hold the 4 hdds of storage I have.

I started off the install with only 1 stick of ram, I got everything installed no problem, got all my programs installed for various server needs and got my enclosure all set up and notice my computer was draggging, finder was not responding other programs were not responding disk utility was not responding it was kinda a disaster.

I bought another stick of ram but that did not really do much, thats when a little more research into my apps brought my to the conclusion that as i was downloading i was writing to the usb 3.0 drives, when i should be writing to the base drive and than have it move once it was complete.

This did alleviate some of the slowness but none of the programs are working correctly and I am pretty sure it is all related to slow usb 3.0 speeds, it took me 6 min + to move a 500mb file from my root download folder to the the external hdd. Any ideas would be appreciated!

EDIT:: ahh! looks like no help coming my way, looks like i am converting this to windows, a shame...

anyone?

Can some update the complete step by step guide like Version 3 with Mavericks .. For Novice people like me .. Thanks

Lastly Can some one also include Broadcom BCM4352HMB 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter
AND
Broadcom 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter
Drivers in the lastest update too

Thanks a million :)

Current (Version 2) guide works for mavericks 10.9.5 and for current bios (which is what you are asking for).

For the network adapters you can look at the forum: Post Installation/Network. You should not expect WonkeyDonkey to include every different network adapter in his installation guide when they are already discussed in depth elsewhere.

Hello Everyone,

I know there are plenty of guides out there on how to install 10.9 on intel NUC. However I currently only have access to 10.10 and would like to install this to my new NUC. I have tried to modify the 10.9 install by changing some of the files around to install the 10.10, this brought me no luck. Is there anyone that could guide me through this? The standard way of installing 10.10 from the home page does not work either, the boot screen loads and then it is followed by a flash of white with an apple logo and then an immediate restart of the system. I have tried most of the commands found both here and on the net, still no luck. Please help! :crazy::oops:

Thanks

Details:
Intel NUC D54250WYKH
0027 BIOS
16GB
240 SMASUNG SSD

Hi Wonkey,

Thanks so much for the guide, having experience with building other mackintoshes this truly was a breeze. My Hardware is as Follows:

D54250WYKH1
2 x Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 CT102464BF160B
WIRELESS N CARD DW1515 ATHEROS AR5BHB92 AR9280 MINI CARD
Samsung 840 Series 120 GB 2.5inch ssd

I upgraded my server from a mini itx with an ssd and 4 3.5 hdd for storage all in the case using sata. I had no issues but a friend was in dire need of a new computer and i was in dire need of spending money on a not needed new computer :) , but i have had this badboy in my amazon wishlist for probably over a year now and finally pulled the trigger. Along with it I got a "Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 4 Bay 3.5" Hard Drive Enclosure - USB 3.0" to hold the 4 hdds of storage I have.

I started off the install with only 1 stick of ram, I got everything installed no problem, got all my programs installed for various server needs and got my enclosure all set up and notice my computer was draggging, finder was not responding other programs were not responding disk utility was not responding it was kinda a disaster.

I bought another stick of ram but that did not really do much, thats when a little more research into my apps brought my to the conclusion that as i was downloading i was writing to the usb 3.0 drives, when i should be writing to the base drive and than have it move once it was complete.

This did alleviate some of the slowness but none of the programs are working correctly and I am pretty sure it is all related to slow usb 3.0 speeds, it took me 6 min + to move a 500mb file from my root download folder to the the external hdd. Any ideas would be appreciated!

EDIT:: ahh! looks like no help coming my way, looks like i am converting this to windows, a shame...

Issue was solved.. was corrupt partition tables of one of the external hard drives, tested them one by one and figured it out! Strangely when plugged into my desktop hackintosh all appeared and worked fine.

First off I would like to thank the creator of this post, and as this is my first post I would like to introduce myself. I'm from Barcelona and I recently bought an intel NUC haswell i3 D34010WYK that I use as mediacenter with Windows 8.1 + XBMC. I really hate win 8.1 (sorry win 8.1 users) as my main system is an 2009 imac 27".

I was thinking of installing any linux distribution like XBMCbuntu or OPENELEC but I found this page.
I have read some of the pages but haven't found any reference to my i3 NUC.

Is it possible to follow this guide with my i3 NUC?

I have recently updated bios to Version: 0030 (Latest) Date: 09/19/2014, will I have problems?

Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Thankyou
Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back