Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

The native framebuffer has 3 DP connectors. The NUC has 1 HDMI physical connector and 1 DP physical connector. The edit makes 1 DP connector a HDMI connector to connect with the HDMI physical connector and 1 of the 2 remaining DP connectors connects with the DP physical connector. No edit is made to the remaining DP connector as it is not physically connected to anything.

Much Appreciated!! :)

Much Appreciated!! :)

All this talk of multiple connectors! :lol:

What I can verify is this : If you follow the guide, you get very smooth audio over the physical mini-HDMI connector as well as the physical mini-displayport connector.

It works very well :)

I already purchased a haswell nuc based on the i3-4010u with the hd4400 graphics. since I did not find any thing when I searched this thread I figured it would be a good place to ask if you thought the instructions would be the same or would I need to add specific files to get the hd4400 working ?

Thanks very much for such an informative thread.

I am very novice to this and looking forward to getting this box up and running.

I already purchased a haswell nuc based on the i3-4010u with the hd4400 graphics. since I did not find any thing when I searched this thread I figured it would be a good place to ask if you thought the instructions would be the same or would I need to add specific files to get the hd4400 working ?

Thanks very much for such an informative thread.

I am very novice to this and looking forward to getting this box up and running.

You may need to change the AzulFB value to match the HD4400 but other than that I think it should work just fine.

The other thing you can do is create a new SSDT for your CPU specs.

:)

I already purchased a haswell nuc based on the i3-4010u with the hd4400 graphics.
HD4400 is not supported in OS X; unlikely to be supported in the future.

yeap I see I should have done my search on hd4400 .... thanks for the heads up... I will leave it as a ubuntu box....

For a new install I would go with a GA-h87 itx in a mi08 or something like that .... can get very good specs for $600 Although pushing a oder DP only hi-res display is not really usable.

All this talk of multiple connectors! :lol:

What I can verify is this : If you follow the guide, you get very smooth audio over the physical mini-HDMI connector as well as the physical mini-displayport connector.

It works very well :)

Hehe, thank you! :) I was just asking toleda in the interest of learning.

I really thank you for your guide, it helped me to get the NUC ready very fast. HDMI audio and everything is working correctly. My only difference from your guide is that I've been using Clover bootloader.

The sleep issue I mentioned earlier I was able to fix it with darkwake flag. When I make sure everything is running smoothly and sleep working correctly, I'll post the config.plist file for anyone who would like to give Clover in the NUC a try.

Hehe, thank you! :) I was just asking toleda in the interest of learning.

I really thank you for your guide, it helped me to get the NUC ready very fast. HDMI audio and everything is working correctly. My only difference from your guide is that I've been using Clover bootloader.

The sleep issue I mentioned earlier I was able to fix it with darkwake flag. When I make sure everything is running smoothly and sleep working correctly, I'll post the config.plist file for anyone who would like to give Clover in the NUC a try.

Ahh thats good to hear :)

I did think about Clover but I know its not the easiest thing in the world to work with.

I also didn't know until Toleda pointed it out that the HD4400 isn't supported in OSX.

Hi Mariolillo,

I would love to see your config.plist for Clover, I'm just trying to set it up myself on my NUC. I had a very quick attempt late last night but just ended up with a black screen (not even the boot menu showing). I was about to switch on DebugLog and try to figure out what was wrong, but your config could save some time, thanks.

I'm aiming to triple boot Win8.1, Mavericks and OpenELEC all in EFI mode. Clover should be the last piece of the puzzle.

Did you have to replace Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi with a clover version? I couldn't get the NUC's EFI to detect clover, it only wants to boot into Windows at the moment. I read on the Intel forum that their EFI implementation isn't very standards-compliant.

Cheers,

Charlie

PS: Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, it made it very straightforward to get a nice working hackintosh in such a small machine.

Ahh thats good to hear :)

I did think about Clover but I know its not the easiest thing in the world to work with.

Well yeah, it is a different approach and takes some time to understand it, but it's worth it in some way. Although it is relatively new, it has some very nice features.

Hi Mariolillo,

I would love to see your config.plist for Clover, I'm just trying to set it up myself on my NUC. I had a very quick attempt late last night but just ended up with a black screen (not even the boot menu showing). I was about to switch on DebugLog and try to figure out what was wrong, but your config could save some time, thanks.

I'm aiming to triple boot Win8.1, Mavericks and OpenELEC all in EFI mode. Clover should be the last piece of the puzzle.

Did you have to replace Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi with a clover version? I couldn't get the NUC's EFI to detect clover, it only wants to boot into Windows at the moment. I read on the Intel forum that their EFI implementation isn't very standards-compliant.

Cheers,

Charlie

PS: Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, it made it very straightforward to get a nice working hackintosh in such a small machine.

Sure gambcl, I'll upload it in a decent post with a little explanation to install Clover, etc. for the people that don't know how to do it yet.

Responding to your question, I didn't installed Windows on the NUC; however I'm positive that the NUC's boot manager lists clover as a UEFI boot option, maybe changing boot priority in the Visual Bios would fix your issue. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a Clover version of bootmgrfw.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back