Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

Ah I didn't see that. I'll have a look.

Thanks.

EDIT: I tested. It messed somehow with a appleauuckext or something like that loading.

It did nothing cpu wise.

It also DOES in fact mess with trackpad somehow. Not really sure why. But it does.

So I will not be making that the default for the pack installer. But I think if it works, I can add an option for i5 users to select and it will install a modified extra.kext with those two removed, and use the extensions.mkext provided.

The theme shouldn't matter at all, right?

hmm that's very odd.

I wonder why?

yeah the theme is only the skin for the GUI on boot. I tested running on all three (default, embed, and the lion one) no difference, loads fine for me.

The only difference between my set up compared to the pack is:

1. I used my own lion vanilla IO82011Family.kext with the device id for wifi placed into it cos the one from the pack was giving me KP

2. I have an additional devicemergernub.kext to help inject the correct parameters into my wifi card

3. I deleted the RTL8....kext from /S/L/E/extra.kext and installed lnx2mac cos that kext was playing up and KPing.

Apart from that, my system is an i5 with an additional 4gb of ram totalling 8gb of ram, although i can't imagine this has much to do with it surely.

EDIT: I'm also running the latest release of chameleon and NOT Chimera. I found that Chimera was screwing with the trackpad. if you are using Chimera then I reckon it's that and not this fix.

Latest chameleon available for download below

Attachments

• Chameleon-2.1svn-r1573.pkg.gz
    1.6 MB · Views: 71

yeah gerard, I think it's Chimera causing the issues for us. Chameleon seems to be the more stable option atm for 4530s.

gerard71 said:
no I think not I is not the Atheros card for the moment I have a usb wifi for the kexts as I put the ethernet tonymac for otherwise it would give me a connection on ethernet cable even if it was not plug
and I have 4 GB of RAM

Yeah I also deleted the ethernet kext from the pack and installed lnx2mac from multibeast cos it was doing the same thing to me.

my wifi card is an atheros I purchased after market. it is not the original combo card that came with my machine.

When I was using Chimera before I added the atheros card, Chimera was messing with the trackpad. I'm confident that Chimera is the one messing things up and not this fix.

Still, it's up to people if they want to do it or not.

Personally, I'm loving the fact that my cpu is now functioning as it should and I have native sleep, So thanks for all the work you put into this gerard71 :) Works great for me.

I remember that you were also looking for a wifi solution for your probook.
If you are still looking, this should help. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=211596#p211596

I do have the intention of adding the new card to the first page. Not sure where though.

And I will try chameleon, if it works, I will just use that instead of chimera.

blueking said:
I do have the intention of adding the new card to the first page. Not sure where though.

And I will try chameleon, if it works, I will just use that instead of chimera.

haha yeah it's getting pretty full!

Good luck with chameleon, hope it works for you.

Where is the edit to get my DSDT to work with the Wifi with native kexts?

The kext pack makes it show up in Network, but I can't see any networks let alone join one.

Hit the wifi button. It should adjust brightness, but also power on wifi.

Also, jimmy/gerard, chameleon fixed it. This fix does nothing for me, but I think I may as well add it so it benefits i5 users. I'll write the updater changes tomorrow and upload the new pack, with credit to you.

Tomorrow (or soon):

I will:

-change pack to not use the official ethernet kext, but the lnx2mac,
-add the new method which makes the cpu more powerful with i5s
-change bootloader to chameleon
-add how to get a new wifi card which works.

@gerard71

yeah man, the card works for bluetooth and wifi in both windows and mac.
The card I received was preloaded with a different region data than was capable in my country, so I had to also install the Devicemergernub.kext

The instructions are in the post I linked you earlier if you need them.

@blueking I'm sorry it didn't work for you. maybe it is an i5 specific thing... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back