Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

I never said it doesn't work in Windows... As it does. It just doesn't always depend on the color of the light. Just like how I can have it orange in OS X and it will still work fine.

Does it only work when white in windows though?

It worked white/orange I think at one point. I can't recall specifically anymore. I did a fresh reinstall of OS X following the guide precisely. I got a kernel panic on my first reboot... did a second reboot and got in. Same for the installer actually too... It was related to ethernet or bluetooth or wifi, that's all I know. During one KP it retried bluetooth/wifi like 100 times then failed.

Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s

Is it possible that you update the web cam driver (2.0 to 720hd)

Ok I have had a look into the graphics side of things, trying to get the 6490m working.

I patched chameleon to include the correct IDs for the card, then tried every frame buffer available. Nothing worked.
Then I checked in IORegistryExplorer and found the problem.

Basically, the Intel card is still active when you select switchable graphics. Unless we can disable it somehow (through hacked bios or advanced settings somehow), or Chameleon starts supporting dual cards it will never work. The reason being the card has no Bios (I am guessing it is stored in the main Bios somehow) meaning we cannot supply the bios to Chameleon to get around the fact the intel card is still active.

So no 6490m anytime soon :banghead:

TheRabbit said:
Somebody have fixed working DSDT for HP 4530S i5-2430M HD3000 ?
I can't figure out USB to working. Just usb keyboard and mouse.

try Usb family rollback in multibeast

shazeal said:
Ok I have had a look into the graphics side of things, trying to get the 6490m working.

I patched chameleon to include the correct IDs for the card, then tried every frame buffer available. Nothing worked.
Then I checked in IORegistryExplorer and found the problem.

Basically, the Intel card is still active when you select switchable graphics. Unless we can disable it somehow (through hacked bios or advanced settings somehow), or Chameleon starts supporting dual cards it will never work. The reason being the card has no Bios (I am guessing it is stored in the main Bios somehow) meaning we cannot supply the bios to Chameleon to get around the fact the intel card is still active.

So no 6490m anytime soon :banghead:

I found this a while back! Fancy giving it a try?? The last post says our card should work and the instructions are on the 1st page I think
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=19330&hilit=AMD+Radeon+HD+6470M&start=320

Is it possible to make a pack for those who don't need a sleep, power savings because that will increase performance?
I have some issues with sleep, power control and some other laptop specifications.
When I booted without AC my screen is black I need to hit fn+increase brightness. I know that this is discussed here. And some other things that relative to laptop.
I need all features except sleep, power savings and even battery management.

Still testing the pack. But if you want it to work to the max extent right now, simply install nullcpupm. But it breaks sleep.

I am working with gerard71 to see if I can get same results though.

And for wifi, just reinstall the pack.

10.7.2 GM released. Do you tested it with your pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back