Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

Here is the boot file I patched with the 6490m vendor/device ID if anyone wants to play. I am fairly sure it wont work. Its compiled from the latest SVN source. Been running it for a few days now with 0 problems, well apart from the 6490m not working ;)

Just copy to / like so...

"cp boot-6490m /boot"

Attachments

• boot-6490m.zip
    128.8 KB · Views: 61

jimmysticks said:
@gerard71

yeah man, the card works for bluetooth and wifi in both windows and mac.
The card I received was preloaded with a different region data than was capable in my country, so I had to also install the Devicemergernub.kext

The instructions are in the post I linked you earlier if you need them.

@blueking I'm sorry it didn't work for you. maybe it is an i5 specific thing... :confused:

I guess. I'd like another user with an i3 to try though.

Hi Guys,

I have followed this tutorial but from time to time I have some visual issues.
Sometimes on my display there are windows partially disappearing and/or strange line across it.

Could you help a little, please?

Thanks

andrei.ncs said:
Hi Guys,

I have followed this tutorial but from time to time I have some visual issues.
Sometimes on my display there are windows partially disappearing and/or strange line across it.

Could you help a little, please?

Thanks

Yeah i've had that too, Also I installed xcode to have an iphone simulator and this morning when I booted up I had a completely blue screen, I shut down by holding the power button and let it boot up and then I got a kernel panic with the "press restart, hold the powerbutton" etc etc so couldn't see what caused it, I booted again with -v and again I had the blue screen, I thought i'd leave it till the screen went black and then press space as I had to do when I 1st swapped the hard drive, after 8 or so minutes the screen strangely came to light :crazy: anyone else?????

For graphics problems, type GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot. If that fixes it, we can change it in /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

@dewitts what do you mean?

I had a completely blue screen no desktop though heard my laptop log into skype.

Anyway I now have a much bigger problem, I read 1 of the recent posts:
fonorono said:
I removed extensions.mkext and the system boots perfect in an average of 36 seconds.

Chameleon seems to be the important part of getting the i5 to boot as asked.

And then my system wouldn't boot at all except for my snow leopard back up so I thought to myself, screw it i'll swap the hard drives back, do a fresh install, and use the migration assistant to copy the files.

I have tested the usb installer in my old laptop and it boots up just fine but when I put it into my Probook I get this:

Attachments

• IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 136

jimmysticks said:
zeremefico said:
Hi, I've patched with 2.3.3 but bluetooth still doesn't work, "no bluetooth module can be foound". Any ideas on that?

page 72 on this thread. about half way down. Entry by BigDonkey

EDIT: that's assuming you have the Atheros combo card. if you don't you have 3 options.

1. Purchase a dongle
2. Purchase the compatible Atheros card and follow my instructions a few pages back
from here.
3. Do nothing and have no bluetooth access.
How can I check the type of card I have?
I found only this:
"Product ID: 0x311d
Vendor ID: 0x03f0 (Hewlett Packard)
Version: 0.01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1d160000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)"
Also, the gerard71's method works only for i5?

How can I remove this lines? They appears sometimes and make me angry.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

alexbigojin said:
How can I remove this lines? They appears sometimes and make me angry.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I get glitchy lines like that when I boot in safe mode.

Ok seems the installer is now completely unreadable and this isn't the 1st time.
So... Is it only possible to boot the installer once then you gotta re-create it??
Ohhh and does it HAVE to be partitioned to GUID??

EDIT: I have now again re-made the installer and I still get the same panic, anyone know why? could it be Because I still have the other partitions?
I was hoping to just delete the windows partition and install osx there by using the osinstall.pkg that doesn't check for guid, leaving the recovery partitions in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back