Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s V2!

You used my installer, and you get that panic? You are not doing something right then.

For those lines, try typing GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot.

I have followed Gerard71's guide. sure enough geekbench score went from 4300 to 5930 as promised, but I've lost BT. I reinstalled all the kexts, manually and with the installer, but nothing working. I also installed lnx2mac.

Ideas?

I just bought a used Probook 4530s, there is only 3GB RAM, can I change only one RAM module to have 4GB or do I need to buy two identical RAM modules?

blueking said:
You used my installer, and you get that panic? You are not doing something right then.

Tried graphics enabler=yes and no also -v, -x, -v -x, -v -x -f, and all other combinations,

Can you go on skype for a minute? I did send a request on there about a week ago but haven't seen you online

Hey,
i've installed OSX again and it worked..
..until i've installed the dsdl-Patch. Now, if i try to boot.. kernel-panic. (see attachment)
Help? :s

Attachments

• WP_000047.jpg
    WP_000047.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 79

bagnolet said:
I just bought a used Probook 4530s, there is only 3GB RAM, can I change only one RAM module to have 4GB or do I need to buy two identical RAM modules?

That's fine. Max performance with 2 identical sticks though.

fonorono said:
I have followed Gerard71's guide. sure enough geekbench score went from 4300 to 5930 as promised, but I've lost BT. I reinstalled all the kexts, manually and with the installer, but nothing working. I also installed lnx2mac.

Ideas?

New pack soon will eliminate the need.

Dewitts said:
blueking said:

Tried graphics enabler=yes and no also -v, -x, -v -x, -v -x -f, and all other combinations,

Can you go on skype for a minute? I did send a request on there about a week ago but haven't seen you online

Do you have a twitter? If so pm it to me. Otherwise I can get on later.

GamePlayr said:
Hey,
i've installed OSX again and it worked..
..until i've installed the dsdl-Patch. Now, if i try to boot.. kernel-panic. (see attachment)
Help? :s

That shouldn't happen. boot with rboot, and just use the installer again.

blueking said:
That shouldn't happen. boot with rboot, and just use the installer again.
can't boot. It stops here: (even in Save-Mode (-x))

Attachments

• WP_000048.jpg
    WP_000048.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 109

Are you trying to boot Snow Leopard, Lion, or the installer? I believe Lion. Try typing -s. If it really is the DSDT patcher, which I highly doubt, it will load a terminal basically.

Mount the hard drive as it instructs. Then type rm /Extra/DSDT.aml and hit enter. Then type reboot and hit enter.

Try booting. But I doubt that will fix your problem.

Something didn't install correctly, or you installed something extra.

blueking said:
Are you trying to boot Snow Leopard, Lion, or the installer?
Lion 10.7.1
(or or should i boot the installer?)

Sorry, boot the partititon. But read the post above, I just edited it, but you didn't see it.

EDIT: actually, before you try any of that, boot -v UseKernelCache=No, and then if that doesn't work, try that again, but also with -x. If you get to the desktop, use the installer again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back