Contribute
Register

Install entrie on Clover after macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome lele, will give this a go tonight. Thanks.

I had the same issue with Clover Boot update.... it failed for a long time due to that restriction.

I encountered the same problem after updating on macOS 10.15.4.

I tried disabling SIP through recovery mode, but nothing worked. Protection did not turn off.
Then I added to Clover
config.plist / RtVariables (CsrActiveConfig = 0x67, BooterConfig = 0x28)

Снимок экрана 2020-04-04 в 02.52.19.jpg

After that, the protection was removed and I was able to remove the "macOS Install Data" popup at /System/Volumes/Data/

This solved my problem with an extra section on boot, thanks.

I encountered the same problem after updating on macOS 10.15.4.

I tried disabling SIP through recovery mode, but nothing worked. Protection did not turn off.
Then I added to Clover
config.plist / RtVariables (CsrActiveConfig = 0x67, BooterConfig = 0x28)

Thanks iDrakus, I had to add the 0x67 to my clover also.
Thank you everyone for all your help, I know have a tidy clover boot menu!

Thanks iDrakus, I had to add the 0x67 to my clover also.
Thank you everyone for all your help, I know have a tidy clover boot menu!
Later I learned that the problem could possibly have been solved differently.

It was necessary to turn off the computer and remove the Bluetooth / Wi-Fi module, and then continue the installation from a new item in the Clover menu. One user wrote that this solved his problem.

Later I learned that the problem could possibly have been solved differently.

It was necessary to turn off the computer and remove the Bluetooth / Wi-Fi module, and then continue the installation from a new item in the Clover menu. One user wrote that this solved his problem.
Interesting. Can you link to the place where you read this? I'm having an issue where SIP is disabled via the 0x67 method, but for some reason certain system folders are still completely locked down - i.e. "/usr/bin" - even when in sudo mode in terminal. Not sure if that is normal functionality of macOS now, but one would assume that disabling SIP and being sudo would allow me access to whatever the hell I want. So, I am a little concerned that it has something to do with the "bless" problem when installing/updating Catalina. Like, perhaps part of the cleanup process has something to do with granting proper permissions, etc...?

Interesting. Can you link to the place where you read this? I'm having an issue where SIP is disabled via the 0x67 method, but for some reason certain system folders are still completely locked down - i.e. "/usr/bin" - even when in sudo mode in terminal. Not sure if that is normal functionality of macOS now, but one would assume that disabling SIP and being sudo would allow me access to whatever the hell I want. So, I am a little concerned that it has something to do with the "bless" problem when installing/updating Catalina. Like, perhaps part of the cleanup process has something to do with granting proper permissions, etc...?
I just wrote something like “Disable SIP Clover” on Google, and went over the first article.

I just needed to add the boot argument to Clover, then reboot and SIP protection was disabled. It worked for me.

If you get a message that the protection is off, then the matter is something else.

I had same problem with 10.15.4 install, could not bless disk. I was able to trash the installer folder, but could not use Start Up disk preference without the error. Is everyone able to select a start up disk thru preference pane after update?

TL;DR: Good Ballz Call foxlive06! I was typing this as you were swinging them I think.
TL;DR #2: Yep! Grew mine and confirmed it fixed it

So I mounted the Preboot partition (on my synthesized APFS boot volume) and found the 'com.apple.installer. folder:

1) Launch terminal
2) 'cd ~' if your not in your HOME directoy
2) 'mkdir PBTEMP' to create a folder to map to the Preboot partition [add 'sudo' in front if you need permiss..]
3) 'diskutil list' to see the device info for the 'Preboot' [mine was 'dev/disk3s2']
4) 'sudo mount_apfs /dev/disk3s2 ./PBTEMP' to mount the Preboot partition
5) In Finder - go to your Home directory and you should see the Preboot drive mounted:

View attachment 457193

So the timestamp for the folder with 'com.apple.installer' matches my 10.15.4 install date. I *think* I could try to delete just that 'com.app...' whole root folder @ the install date and it might fix it - based on what I've read. But - I haven't taken that leap of faith yet as I'm using my system for work! Any brave souls?
Worked for me on Catalina 10.15.5. Deleted all the folder and that removed all the unwanted installer drives.

Quick update, it seems that this behaviour repet itself after every update. I perform the update, it reboot on a "failed update install" , then I manually select the partition, boot on OS, update went fine, and remove the entry in preboot.. Something happened, update are less seamless but at least it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back