i7 6600k
Graphics
1080GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey!

I performed the update 10.15.4 earlier today. Before launching the update i made sure my kext where up to date, and updated clover to r5107. After some reboot (not sure how much I was doing other things), I ended on an error message:
macOS could not be installed on your computer
The bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk. : (-69793)
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again
I rebooted, and try relaunching the install clover entry, same message...
I rebooted again, and selected the preboot option (my default one as I have filevault), and then it booted fine. Updated seems to have finished, as I am now on 10.15.4 on pref panel...
I tried re-launching update with combo package, still, no succes...
The install clover entrie is still there and default.

I've look at some help here, asking to remove "OS X Install Data" or similar in my main volumes, but there is nothing there.

Any one has an idea of what happend? And how to remove this clover entrie?

Thanks for your help!

Same problem here.

10.15.3 -> Updated WEG,LI,ALC, CLOVER 5107 -> Update in place -> Install seemed to go well -> Bless Error -> Restart -> SHOWS INSTALL DRIVE IN CLOVER MENU

How to remove in 10.15.4 Catalina?

make sure when reboot that you choose the right portion to boot from, if you see a portion with your OS disk with - DATA use that, then on that last reboot make sure you choose your OS partition

CLOVER doesn't always pre selects the correct partition

Even when manually selecting the correct entry, the install one stay there even after several reboot. I’d like to understand what happend, and also fix it as for me it means something dirty has happend

Yes - sorry 4 confusion - I can select my boot disk and 10.15.4 works well; it's just the dirty old "MacOS install" entry is left in Clover.

Yep.. I am at the moment trying to trace back where these ****ing entry came from, as there is no "macOS install data" folder anywhere. I must add I am using Filevault, are you also using filevault?
Is there something hidden somewhere for the install file to be copy on when updating with filevault?

I'm not using Firevault. Looks like previously there was either hidden files or install folders - like ".IAProductInfo" file or "Mac OS Install Data" folder. But, I don't see them to delete.

Another lead trying to check - a 'com.apple.installer' to delete on the Preboot partition.

I'm not using Firevault. Looks like previously there was either hidden files or install folders - like ".IAProductInfo" file or "Mac OS Install Data" folder. But, I don't see them to delete.
Same here, don't see that

Another lead trying to check - a 'com.apple.installer' to delete on the Preboot partition.
I've also saw that, but this partition is complexe, and I'm super afraid to mess with it :D ! It has the feeling of "you'll break everything if you touch it" ahah

Okay, I went with my balls, and it works !

I checked my Preboot partition on my real mac (macbook pro 13), and saw that there was only two folders (they are long chains of numbers and letters), and these two folder date way back to october 2019, and september 2017!

I have way more folder on my preboot partition on my hackintosh, so has I also performed 10.15.4 update on my macbook pro yesterday, I went with the "let's delete the folder created at the same date of update on my hackintosh".. I rm -rf the one folder from yesterday, crossed my fingers and rebooted, the bad clover entry is now gone and it booted fine :D!

So you can do like this:
Bash:
diskutil list
Identify your preboot partition on your main drive
Bash:
diskutil mount diskXXXX
Replace the diskXXXX with correct identifier from preboot identified with previous command

Then
Bash:
cd /Volumes/Preboot
ls -l
Identify the folder created the day your perform your update to 10.5.4
It should not be ambiguous as the other one should be way older
Then you can remove it
Bash:
sudo -s
rm -rf IDENTIFIEDFOLDER

You should be fine and the bad clover entry should be gone :) !

Tell me if this works for you

TL;DR: Good Ballz Call foxlive06! I was typing this as you were swinging them I think.
TL;DR #2: Yep! Grew mine and confirmed it fixed it

So I mounted the Preboot partition (on my synthesized APFS boot volume) and found the 'com.apple.installer. folder:

1) Launch terminal
2) 'cd ~' if your not in your HOME directoy
2) 'mkdir PBTEMP' to create a folder to map to the Preboot partition [add 'sudo' in front if you need permiss..]
3) 'diskutil list' to see the device info for the 'Preboot' [mine was 'dev/disk3s2']
4) 'sudo mount_apfs /dev/disk3s2 ./PBTEMP' to mount the Preboot partition
5) In Finder - go to your Home directory and you should see the Preboot drive mounted:

1585227910418.png

So the timestamp for the folder with 'com.apple.installer' matches my 10.15.4 install date. I *think* I could try to delete just that 'com.app...' whole root folder @ the install date and it might fix it - based on what I've read. But - I haven't taken that leap of faith yet as I'm using my system for work! Any brave souls?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back