Contribute
Register

Install entrie on Clover after macOS 10.15.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case, there is a boot item called "Install macOS from MacOS - Data". My install disk is named as "MacOS". You can go to /System/Volumes/Data, then delete the folder "macOS Install Data". This extra item will disappear.

I followed the instructions above from: foxlive06 and deleted the folder from my installation date. However the Clover entries are not gone :(
I mounted the preboot partition again to see. The identified folder is not there anymore.

I followed the instructions above from: foxlive06 and deleted the folder from my installation date. However the Clover entries are not gone :(
I mounted the preboot partition again to see. The identified folder is not there anymore.
Strange.. have you check in your / if you have a “macOS install data” folder? This was the first thing to do

In my case, there is a boot item called "Install macOS from MacOS - Data". My install disk is named as "MacOS". You can go to /System/Volumes/Data, then delete the folder "macOS Install Data". This extra item will disappear.
This worked in my case. The additional boot option is now gone.

Oh I must have overlooked this piece. This line helped: "/System/Volumes/Data, then delete the folder "macOS Install Data". This extra item will disappear." <-- I deleted the folder and now everything is back to normal except the additional data volume. Any advice on this?
I all of the sudden have a partition called "macOS - DATA" which wasn't there before the update.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-26 um 15.49.33.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-26 um 15.49.33.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 137
Oh I must have overlooked this piece. This line helped: "/System/Volumes/Data, then delete the folder "macOS Install Data". This extra item will disappear." <-- I deleted the folder and now everything is back to normal except the additional data volume. Any advice on this?
I all of the sudden have a partition called "macOS - DATA" which wasn't there before the update.

see here

ok cool thanks for the fast response guys. This sorts everything. I only wonder why the 2 separate partitions I have not yet recognized under 10.15.3. I could swear there was only one visible. Anyways ...

Strange.. have you check in your / if you have a “macOS install data” folder? This was the first thing to do
I have removed the preboot folder but as with Accu, the boot entry is still there in clover.

I can find the "Mac OS Install Data" folder, but can't remove the "locked files" folder as I dont have permission, any ideas how I can remove that one? I deleted all the other files and folders in the install folder but the Mac install is still showing as a boot option in clover.

Ive tried changing the permissions but getting told "I dont have the necessary permission". Tried in terminal but get told "rm: /System/Volumes/Data/macOS Install Data/Locked Files/BaseSystem.dmg: Operation not permitted"

thanks.

Last edited:
I have removed the preboot folder but as with Accu, the boot entry is still there in clover.

I can find the "Mac OS Install Data" folder, but can't remove the "locked files" folder as I dont have permission, any ideas how I can remove that one? I deleted all the other files and folders in the install folder but the Mac install is still showing as a boot option in clover.

Ive tried changing the permissions but getting told "I dont have the necessary permission". Tried in terminal but get told "rm: /System/Volumes/Data/macOS Install Data/Locked Files/BaseSystem.dmg: Operation not permitted"

thanks.

Same for me.... no permissions! Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back