Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works for me!

Thank you very much for this guide!

(Just installed 10.9.2 on an Asus Z87-Pro, which is now finally booting)

Greetings from Germany,
Tobi

In Step 4 you need to mount the EFI partition first... after that it is fine.

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

I am getting "No such directory found" at mkdir/Volumes/EFI I have installed mavericks twice now and followed the guide to the "T" I am lost on this now. Sorry for the noobness, but booting from USB every time is a bit cumbersome :/

you need a space between mkdir and the rest... maybe?

Brilliant... Thanks a million works a treat!

ASUS Z87 Expert

Everything worked as described. Only thing that remains is how to let it automatically boot the active partition on a count down???? Org.chameleon.Boot.plist used to be in /Extra/ but now that Unibeast bootloader is installed into the EFI folder, where is the file Org.chameleon.Boot.plist to edit it to let the machine automatically boot ??????

Thank you once again for the great guide.

I must of tried a gazillion different combinations of settings in my Asus Z87 Expert motherboard's bios, but still could not get my new build to give me the option to dual boot. This article solved my dual boot issues. I'm not comfortable (at all) using the Terminal, but was tired of striking out in the bios. Thanks to this information, success! If your getting frustrated (like me) do yourself a favor; follow the instructions above and it'll all work out. I originally built this machine as a Windows based gaming computer. Didn't even know you could boot OSX on a windows computer. (I own an iMac.) So I came across this site. Let me tell you, this site put a smile on my face. I knew I couldn't rest till I tried it myself. All I had to do was purchase another SSD, download Mavericks and two programs here AND follow the instructions to the letter. WAW LA. It WORKS. :)

Hi. I am facing with an issue after installing this EFI Partition and changing to PCI Express graphics. Can anyone guide me accordingly?

My setup is as below:-
- I5 3570 (Bios 2.70 Patched)
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4
- 8GB Kinston HyperX ram
- Sapphire 7750 Graphics Card

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

photo.JPG

I have almost the same video card as you (Gigabyte HD7700 1GB). The only bootloader that worked was Clover and installing the Unibeast bootloader to the EFI partition.

I used to use the boot flag "GraphicsEnabler=No AtiConfig=Chutoro" always worked with HD7700. Try it and see if it works.

Thanks statsman007 for your suggestion. I tried to install Clover on my main drive but it didn't work. I still get the same error message.
For now I have to use Onboard graphics to boot and my monitor won't show anything until it booted into OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back