Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stuck on installing Chimera to EFI partition. I'm a biggest noob so please tell me as if you're explaining it to a 3 year old :(

I keep getting the message "No such file or directory" after I replaced his code from i386 to my username and his usb name to my usb... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

Also, my windows 8 keeps telling me that I should reinstall everytime I boot windows... now I can't even use windows anymore :(

If I can't get this fixed soon, I'm going to give up and go straight up windows. I have been having trouble with it for the past week...

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

I'm stuck on installing Chimera to EFI partition. I'm a biggest noob so please tell me as if you're explaining it to a 3 year old :(

This bit is the most critical
GUIDE said:
STEP 1: BEFORE YOU BEGIN

For the purposes of this guide, I recommend unplugging all drives except your main hard drive and rebooting. This will minimize any problems with disk number and partition number. I will use disk0 by default in this guide.

To make sure your disk is identified as disk0:

• Open /Utilities/Terminal
  • Type diskutil list

If your drive's root is disk0, you're ready to begin.

I keep getting the message "No such file or directory" after I replaced his code from i386 to my username and his usb name to my usb... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

Remove all/any other drives while you do this.

Also, my windows 8 keeps telling me that I should reinstall everytime I boot windows... now I can't even use windows anymore :(

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

If I can't get this fixed soon, I'm going to give up and go straight up windows. I have been having trouble with it for the past week...

Take your time and deal with each issue at a time - you are so very close now.

Adrian B

I did remove all drives except for the unibeast and the hackintosh ssd. Still getting the same message...

I did remove all drives except for the unibeast and the hackintosh ssd. Still getting the same message...

Take a screen shot of the Terminal window that lists your drive partitions and use the manage attachments feature to load it here.

Adrian B

Take a screen shot of the Terminal window that lists your drive partitions and use the manage attachments feature to load it here.

Adrian B

I couldn't even screenshot. Sorry for the bad quality:

1796027_10153785975095562_1699129395_o.jpg

I couldn't even screenshot. Sorry for the bad quality:

View attachment 83181

I guess that you are using a windows keyboard - from memory I think it is the 'arrow up' key below Caps Lock, Windows & 4 that you use simultaneously. Move the cursor to the required position, press spacebar to highlight and click with left mouse button. Screen shot will appear on desktop.

On the EFI partition, you have the correct disk0s1 (disk zero, s 1) partition. As long as you key in '0' (zero) instead of o (the letter o) then this should all be good.

Adrian B

I guess that you are using a windows keyboard - from memory I think it is the 'arrow up' key below Caps Lock, Windows & 4 that you use simultaneously. Move the cursor to the required position, press spacebar to highlight and click with left mouse button. Screen shot will appear on desktop.

On the EFI partition, you have the correct disk0s1 (disk zero, s 1) partition. As long as you key in '0' (zero) instead of o (the letter o) then this should all be good.

Adrian B

Sorry even before going to that stage, my computer won't even let me open the standalone disk with the same error message. I suppose it wasn't meant to be... I can't do this anymore :(

Adrian B

I have the screenshot. This keeps happening still :( Screen Shot 2014-02-14 at 5.54.17 pm.png

Hi, I recently replaced my video card with a R9 280x and I had to follow this tutorial to be able to boot Mavericks. I have an SSD with Mavericks first partition and Linux in second partition. I use as of this tutorial Chimera installed in EFI partition of the SSD (same drive than Mavericks and Linux) and Mavericks boots OK, but I loose all the patches I did for audio, power savings, etc.

I have an external USB drive with a cloned copy of my Mavericks partition, if I boot from the Chimera EFI partition and I select to boot from the USB drive instead of the SSD drive then Mavericks is OK with audio working, power savings, etc. Prior to using Chimera I had Chameleon but I don't know if this has something to do with this problem.

I want that the SSD runs exactly the same than the USB drive. I am a total noob on this, I usually follow tutorials, but couldn't find/understand nothing about the problem I am experiencing.

EDIT: Solved the easiest way, I restored the backup on the USB drive to the SSD and is working flawlesly.

I am getting "No such directory found" at mkdir/Volumes/EFI I have installed mavericks twice now and followed the guide to the "T" I am lost on this now. Sorry for the noobness, but booting from USB every time is a bit cumbersome :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back