Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the laundry list of terminal commands simply to mount the efi partition? If so, can I just use the script and then simply run chimera installer on that drive? Or do I want to use clover?

Thanks in advance.

How to remove this behaviour?

I don't need to boot from efi anymore, but after reinstall of chimera boot loader to my main drive, boot options work, but themes actually load from hidden EFI. After removing themes I'm left without themes in boot loader.

I mainly want to get rid of it to have it the standard way for future troubleshooting (i don't mine putting custom themes on hidden EFI manually)

thanks

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

i ve got a r9 280x powercolor and it works! :D

but ive messsed up my sound for some reason i don't know :(

im giving up now... i think the sound problems have something to do with the new graphics card.... the sound driver will be started and then something crashes it. i tried it also with a clean new install of mavericks 10.9.2 , but i got the same.

i have now plugged in my webcam (usb) and my apple tv for sound i/o ...works fine.

hope that helps someone with the same problem.

my mobo is asus z9 pe-d8 ws.

cheers :)

Hi, I followed this guide for installing Chimera in my rig, because my radeon R9 280x needed it. The problem I have now is that from Chimera bootloader I don't see my Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) partition. Ubuntu is installed in sde3 partition (same disk as Mavericks) and the grub bootloader also to sde3 partition in EXT4 format.

Previous to installing Chimera in EFI I had another GFX card and Chameleon installed in MBR, with that Ubuntu was selectable from Chameleon.

I think it has to do with the bootloader installed in EFI partition, but don't have a clue of what to do as I am a noob.

Windows 8.1 and OSX Mavericks boot OK.

Thanks, success boot without boot flag Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 (unibeast and multibeast):
Asrock Z77 Professional
MSI R7870 2gb
Intel i7 2600K
RAM 16gb Corsair
SSD Cruzial 128gb for Windows 8.1 Pro
HDD 320gb for OS X Mavericks 10.9.2
HDD 1tb for storage, HDD 1tb for backup, HDD 1tb for games

I follow the instructions and SET THE EFI PARTITION AS ACTIVE.... yes fast boot OS X, thanks.

Problem is how to select boot windows 8? (use dual boot)

Thanks

Hello,
I was wondering if when i do this if it matters if my BIOS type is legacy or UEFI?
Thank You

I'm wondering:
If we place the stuff on the EFI partition with this method, does it mean that after repairing the OS partition with something like Disk Warrior we won't have to run multibeast again to reactivate boot? :confused:

Yes. I had this working flawlessly up until I did a "Repair Disk" on my system SSD in Disk Utility. Disk Utility wiped my EFI partition as part of the "repair".

• :banghead:

As an alternative, I've tried to create a real partition on another drive to act as the boat loader but every time the system just loops with the cursor dancing around.

Now I am back to needing to keep that USB hard drive plugged in so I can boot...

• :eek:

Any thoughts on how to stop Disk Utility from "repairing" my EFI partition during a disk check? Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes. I had this working flawlessly up until I did a "Repair Disk" on my system SSD in Disk Utility. Disk Utility wiped my EFI partition as part of the "repair".

• :banghead:

As an alternative, I've tried to create a real partition on another drive to act as the boat loader but every time the system just loops with the cursor dancing around.

Now I am back to needing to keep that USB hard drive plugged in so I can boot...

• :eek:

Any thoughts on how to stop Disk Utility from "repairing" my EFI partition during a disk check? Thanks in advance for any help.

I've re-run the procedure and I'm back to booting without the USB hard drive.

• :thumbup:
I must have been booted into my DR clone of the system disk when I ran the Disk Utility. At any rate, be careful for this case or you'll be re-running the procedure.

• :geek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back