Contribute
Register

Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am i doing wrong... i do not have anything installed other then fakesmc on my main drive
I follow all the instructions and get an error at the end about the .../i386 is not present and i can't figure out what i am doing wrong

Hi, Tony,
When I did sub-step 11 (Reboot) of the STEP 5, the network card of my computer could not driven so that the network could be not connected. I had to turn off my computer and turn on it. Then, the network card of my computer could be driven while the network could be connected. However, using the MultiBeast to boot the computer instead of the EFI method, the network can be connected after we reboot the computer rather than turn off the computer and turn on it. Could you solve the problem, which is network card cannot be driven after Reboot computer, for the use of the EFI method?

Article: Install Bootloader and Extra to EFI Partition

You can also add a hidden Recovery HD partition, so you can turn on 'Find My Mac' on your hackintosh! It worked on my PC
http://youtu.be/op7euNQmxgg

After adding a new partition "Recovery HD" as OS X Extended Journaled with size about 1GB, Open terminal and paste these lines:

Code:
sudo -i
mkdir /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot
hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mountain\ Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/
cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/.disk_label /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/
cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/boot.efi /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/
cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/kernelcache /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/
cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/
cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/
cp /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/
umount -f /Volumes/Recovery\ HD/
diskutil list
asr adjust --target /dev/disk0s3 -settype "Apple_Boot"
diskutil list

These instructions don't work on Mavericks - I guess the layout of the Installation ESD has changed. Can you come up with something similar for Mavericks?

Stops the gibberish. You still will need to have the right framebuffer loading for your card so that you don't get the white screen problem.

After a week of reading everything i could on how to install framebuffer. It seems impossible for a 7850 amd card..
I keep seing aji hamachi etc.. But i dont know how or where to select those framebuffers? How do you install or select which framebuffer to use

Hello All,
I am new to MAC and just getting help from tonymac for installation of snow leopard with windows7 dual boot option. I getting the following error while mounting EFI partition, so any one can help me in this regard
Thanks
Ramzan
photo.jpg

Is it possible to dual boot windows after doing this? Or does windows utilize the EFI partition?

I haven't Extra folder. What's the problem?

On Asus Z87i Pro ITX and i7 4770k, I managed to use this method to avoid GPT and legacy boot on Asus z87 board issue. The only thing is that if I create (or delete) a partition on disk0 (main disk), it bricks the boot process, and I have to copy Extra folder in EFI partition again. Any clue?

Will this work on a Win 8.1/Mavericks dual boot system, if both OS's are installed on the same drive?

Did you manage to make it work like that? I've been trying to achieve that to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back