Contribute
Register

In Memory Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use a new black USB flash drive or your existing one. If you use your existing one, the Clover bootloader will be overwritten.

OK used a separate USB. Don't want to mess with the one that took me so long to get right.

Having trouble getting to the Grub prompt though. I have a completely blank USB with just the directory /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi and it loads a clover boot loader window that I'm used to seeing. I have three options to boot from. The Windows HDD, the Mac OS HDD and 8GB USB but that just takes me to a black window with a blinking cursor. No text input is allowed here so not sure if I missed something?

OK used a separate USB. Don't want to mess with the one that took me so long to get right.

Having trouble getting to the Grub prompt though. I have a completely blank USB with just the directory /EFI/BOOT/bootx64.efi and it loads a clover boot loader window that I'm used to seeing. I have three options to boot from. The Windows HDD, the Mac OS HDD and 8GB USB but that just takes me to a black window with a blinking cursor. No text input is allowed here so not sure if I missed something?

Re-initialize the USB flash drive and try again. You should not see Clover.

Re-initialize the USB flash drive and try again. You should not see Clover.

Ok it was my fault. I used another bootx64.efi file rather the one in zip. The attachment in your guide was failing to download last night so just grabbed any old boot.efi. Obviously that's what caused. Have gone through now and run the script as intended. I did get a message about unexpected GUID. Should I be concerned about that? The GUID was definitely different from the one I found when searching.

Ok it was my fault. I used another bootx64.efi file rather the one in zip. The attachment in your guide was failing to download last night so just grabbed any old boot.efi. Obviously that's what caused. Have gone through now and run the script as intended. I did get a message about unexpected GUID. Should I be concerned about that? The GUID was definitely different from the one I found when searching.

That part doesn't matter. The important thing is that your setting stuck...

IMAGE 2020-02-05 00_05_14.jpg

That part doesn't matter. The important thing is that your setting stuck...

View attachment 449126

Yep it did. Booted up and can see 1536mb VRM. Dude that's amazing! Thanks for the help.

I've got a couple minor things left to do now in order to get it to run better like working audio, which shouldn't be too hard. And getting it to boot off the SSD rather than the EFI of the USB stick. I did copy it across but it's failing to load so got to work out what the deal is there. But so far it's looking great. Would not have been able to do it without you!

Yep it did. Booted up and can see 1536mb VRM. Dude that's amazing! Thanks for the help.

I've got a couple minor things left to do now in order to get it to run better like working audio, which shouldn't be too hard. And getting it to boot off the SSD rather than the EFI of the USB stick. I did copy it across but it's failing to load so got to work out what the deal is there. But so far it's looking great. Would not have been able to do it without you!

Find out what audio codec your motherboard uses.
Match it to the list here.
Add the AppleALC layout-id like so:
Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 10.20.16 PM.png

Unfortunately that didn't work. Still just see no output devices.

On a side note. Got the OS booting off its own EFI partition so USB is no longer required.

Try all the layout-ids associated with ALC255.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 11.01.47 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back