Contribute
Register

In Memory Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try all the layout-ids associated with ALC255.

View attachment 449133

Sweet, will give it a go. I tried plugging in a USB sound card and that worked fine. I can live with that if I can't get it working with a bit of mucking around. I plan to do some video editing on this rig at some point so a quality external sound card would be a benefit anyway.

@pastrychef Sorry for going quiet on you. I stupidly didn't read the rules properly and upload a display picture that didn't meet requirements and landed myself a ban. Just wanted to report that I got sound working and everything has been smooth sailing since you helped me out. Really appreciate all the time you took to get me going.

Wow got to say it’s amazing how smooth the experience is now.
Still got a couple challenges to work through though. Like I just discovered that while my 3.5mm in and outs all work find they only produce mono audio which is weird. Got to sort that one out before too long.

Wow got to say it’s amazing how smooth the experience is now.
Still got a couple challenges to work through though. Like I just discovered that while my 3.5mm in and outs all work find they only produce mono audio which is weird. Got to sort that one out before too long.

That should all be on AppleALC.kext and the audio-id that you use. If you discover a bug with the driver, you can try contacting vit9696 to see if he can fix AppleALC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back