Contribute
Register

In Memory Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, ok. I also don’t have windows installed on the HDD partition. Really making it hard for myself hey. Haha.

No, not at all. It's just what it is. :)

Which version of macOS are you trying to install?

Catalina. Would I be better off trying Mojave?

Try the forum Search tool.
For example, this old thread seems to bear a remarkable similarity to your own problem :

Try the forum Search tool.
For example, this old thread seems to bear a remarkable similarity to your own problem :

Yeah I saw that thread but interestingly that user mentioned their KP was from not having the Intel injection configured on the config.plist which I do so I sort of dismissed it.

I saw that thread but interestingly that user mentioned their KP was from not having the Intel injection configured on the config.plist which I do so I sort of dismissed it.

Equally interesting perhaps is that there was a config/plist in that thread that worked (when the OP added Inject Intel).

Equally interesting perhaps is that there was a config/plist in that thread that worked (when the OP added Inject Intel).

I did download the last config.plis that you provided to him. Compared it with my own and it was very similar. Only some very minor differences. I did edit mine to reflect some of the things I was missing in comparison and tried just now to no avail, unfortunately. Can I upload my one for inspection?

Can I upload my one for inspection?
Of course you can but it would be pointless.
If you both have the same hardware and the same config.plist then (apart from the OS) the only difference would be the BIOS settings.

One thing that you could try :

At the Clover boot menu screen select Options - Graphics Injection.
Select Inject Intel and Platform ID 0x12345678.

Yep definitely no serial port.

the boot message shows that it detected a 16550AF UART (universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter)

The back panel do not have a serial port connector =/= mainboard do not have a serial UART for serial communication

you can see the back panel already have a cut-out ready for a 9-pin serial connector (the serial port is optional)

but I don't think the serial port is the problem

I always enable the serial port, never experienced any problems

the boot message shows that it detected a 16550AF UART (universal asynchronous receiver/transmitter)

The back panel do not have a serial port connector =/= mainboard do not have a serial UART for serial communication

you can see the back panel already have a cut-out ready for a 9-pin serial connector (the serial port is optional)

but I don't think the serial port is the problem

I always enable the serial port, never experienced any problems

Yeah my feeling is serial not the issue. A couple others have mentioned possible issue with iGPU which makes sense. I will try @P1LGRIM suggestion to inject at boot rather than rely on the info.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back