Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97-G45
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hello you all! This is my very first post here, so first of all I'd like to say many thanks to the community, which made it possible for me to make my first successful Hackintosh!

Now, my question is, I was using the OS X Yosemite (Unibeast/Multibeast/Chimera method), and now I've done a clean install of the OS X El Capitan using the new Unibeast/Clover method, which worked flawlessly! Before restoring my old files using the Migration Assistant, I could get iMessage to work perfectly, all I had to do was using Clover Configurator to generate a unique serial number, nothing else! Worked like a charm!

But after restoring the system it won't work anymore! I've already tried re-doing the entire process, reinstalling the post installation files that I've downloaded from here, but nothing seemed to work...

Even though this is not so important for me, as I can simply use my phone as always, it would be neat to use iMessage and Face Time from a Hackintosh, haha!

So, did I miss anything here? Is there anything I should try?

Thanks a lot, guys! :thumbup:

There is a complete walkthrough in the Fix iMessage post.

In short, you probably want to set your MLB (to, e.g., serial number plus 5 digits) and ROM (to, e.g., UseMacAddr0) on the RtVariables screen of Clover Configurator, and make sure Inject System ID is checked on the last screen. You might need a fix if your motherboard has the something-or-other-ID bug. And you should use iMessageDebug v2 to check all the values before and after a reboot to make sure they look legit and don't change.

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you very much! I was finally able to solve it, and now it's working again!
All I had to do was generating another ROM number (I have no idea why)! And for the other numbers, I just copied them out of the iMessage Debug and pasted on the right field at Clover Configurator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back