Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Background: I created a hackintosh this last November, except I never fully completed it because I bought an MSI motherboard, which isn't compatible for ethernet/sound drivers. This last month, I had some extra time and I bought a USB sound card and a compatible PCIE wifi card. There is a known issue with hackintosh's and verifying iCloud accounts. There is a step in the verification process that causes an error specific to the ethernet card, where it has to be registered as en0. Most hackintosh systems on 10.9.x have their ethernet cards on en1, and they have to change them to en0 before they work, but no ethernet card shows up for me. At this point, I don't believe it is a hardware issue, more a "lack of hardware" issue, but if anyone here thinks it would be useful to post my build, I can.

My question: Is there a way to solve this issue? Can i somehow trick my system into thinking there is an ethernet card so I can set it to en0? Am I stuck without iMessage or Airplay? I know this is a really specific question, so any help is appreciated.

Best,
Matt

Matt,

Welcome to the forum. Which MSI motherboard do you have - is it one that has killer ethernet? You might need to consider purchasing a PCIe ethernet card that is suitable for Mac use - there are some out there available. Just do a search, set up ethernet and then set up wifi.

Getting Messages working can be a real issue on a hack, hence the length of this thread here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Good Luck

Adrian B

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your response! I need to go home to check my exact motherboard, but it used killer ethernet. I'll check out the thread :).

Best,
Matt

Hi all,

Background: I created a hackintosh this last November, except I never fully completed it because I bought an MSI motherboard, which isn't compatible for ethernet/sound drivers. This last month, I had some extra time and I bought a USB sound card and a compatible PCIE wifi card. There is a known issue with hackintosh's and verifying iCloud accounts. There is a step in the verification process that causes an error specific to the ethernet card, where it has to be registered as en0. Most hackintosh systems on 10.9.x have their ethernet cards on en1, and they have to change them to en0 before they work, but no ethernet card shows up for me. At this point, I don't believe it is a hardware issue, more a "lack of hardware" issue, but if anyone here thinks it would be useful to post my build, I can.

My question: Is there a way to solve this issue? Can i somehow trick my system into thinking there is an ethernet card so I can set it to en0? Am I stuck without iMessage or Airplay? I know this is a really specific question, so any help is appreciated.

Best,
Matt
Or you could use this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/122884-mac-app-store-access-nullethernet-kext.html

Good catch and may be a possible option for the OP. There is a killer kext for the E2200 controller in the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks 6.2.1 in downloads.

Some people have had problems with Airplay in 10.9.2 - this is not a universal problem as many have it working. If you have a spare HDD/SSD, then you may want to experiment with a second Mavericks installation rather than risk problems in your main installation.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/14...os-x-1092-update-breaks-airplay-functionality.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back