Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were comparing audio cards, so of course you can't be discussing anything but audio cards. They aren't involved in mixing.
Seeing that no computer has 24 bits data type, of course everything is done using 32 bits float (which has a 24 bits mantissa anyway). And seeing you're dealing with numbers with a value between -1 and 1, you're 32 bits floats are the same as 24 bits int accuracy wise.
FWIW, even for 16 bits audio output, on all OS but Android, you use 32 bits floats.
And none of it got anything to do with the audio card you're using at this stage.

The bit rate of the audio card was never the essential point on why you should pick a DAC vs using the one in your motherboard. (Please read my previous post #843 on this subject.) Several 16 bits DAC sound much better than other 24 bits DAC which is also why I suggested getting a used benchmark DAC1 ( 24 Bit ) over any new consumer type product or DAC motherboard ( 32 bit ).
This being said, I believe that more and more recordings in the future will be done, processed / Mixdown / Mastered at 32 bit due to the huge head room you acquire also allowing you "unclip" some files if necessary. Several test are done on youtube where you can clearly hear the differences. Now, if I understood you correctly, what you are saying is that you believe that any 32bit audio files (recorded and processed ) result in the same listening experience whether it is converted back to a 16/24bit DAC or kept intact at 32 bit?. Which DAC and what test?
The other reason I'm doubting this fact ( it is still possible ) is because when the same file recorded at 16,24 or32 bit is converted down to MP3 or AAC format, the difference is noticeable.

PS : I think we are drifting away from the subject of this thread, so if you do not mind, I'd respectfully like to put an end to it. Thank you. Too many threads/debates on the net about this :). it's does not seem to go anywhere :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi kgp
my system
pci slot 01 Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 8GB air-flow
pci slot 05 Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0
pci slot 06 Asus Hyper M.2 x16 CARD

Wi-Fi does not working
Help Plz.

Attachments

• kisskae-iMac Pro.ioreg
    45 MB · Views: 139
  • pci list.png
    pci list.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 115
hi kgp
my system
pci slot 01 Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 8GB air-flow
pci slot 05 Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.0
pci slot 06 Asus Hyper M.2 x16 CARD

Wi-Fi does not working
Help Plz.

BT/WIFI adapter not recognised on your system, sorry. It might not work under Windows either. Please fix.

BT/WIFI adapter not recognised on your system, sorry. It might not work under Windows either. Please fix.
Thanks advice

Quick question:

Any reason why this graphics card:

MSI Video Card Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G OC

wouldn't work?

Quick question:

Any reason why this graphics card:

MSI Video Card Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G OC

wouldn't work?

Should work. But look for a better cooler. Vegas run hot.

Should work. But look for a better cooler. Vegas run hot.

This one?

Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC 8G Graphic Card

It states:

• WINDFORCE 2X 100mm Fan Cooling System

This one?

It states:

I have two Msi VEGA 56 air boost :
One is water-cooled with Alphacool Amd full-size GPX , I will probably watercool the second because the fan issue is not easy to fixe with two GPUs , with one it's easy.
I did managed to run them at 1660 Mhz for GPU clock and memory at 900 Mhz.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
This one?

It states:

A lot of people like the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56 and 64 since it has 3 coolers.

I have a Vega Founders Edition and not a fan of blower style coolers (which it has), I wish I had the Liquid Cooled edition. It constantly runs at 85c on full load even with big fans hitting it with cool air from the front.

Vega is a hot tamale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back