Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long you use the most actual Clover distribution, this might work.

Thank you.
There are a few questions.
I use it through Google Translator.

My system spec.
i9-7900x
x299 deluxe
vega nitro 64
gc-titan ridge

I inserted "plugin type 1" in this 10.14.2 EFI update, is there any reason?
995C574B5C1832B822

There are also questions.

1)
I am using GC-titan ridge, and the usb header is being removed and used as a cpu fan issue.
Since the monitor is the old p2715q model, it is possible to use only the dp port, so you are connecting dp of titan ridge to monitor.
But once in a while I can not wake up from sleep. The monitor is blacked out.
The system seems to have a problem because the caps lock key does not turn on even after long press.
Were there any such issues?

///For debugging sleep issues as proposed by Pike Alpha, one can add to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and follow Pike's comment and advices provided at https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/debugging-sleep-issues//////

Should I patch "E.9.2.15) - Debugging Sleep Issues" above?

2)
Also, you can not get the highest resolution at boot time. Is it unavoidable?

Last edited:
UPDATE
The AppleALC V 1.3.4 form Link below works for me.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...da-realtek-audio.234729/page-146#post-1858452

@franksanderdo

I have a system similar to yours:

ASRock X299M Extreme 4
i7 7800X
RX Vega 56

Everything works, only audio via Apple AppleALC does not work. Audio over HDMI works, but not over analogue outpunts. And die Audio section is empty, except HDMI. Did you found a solution for that?

Enclosed my ioReg Save, PCI screenshot and EFI folder.

Last edited:
I'm not an amateur, I do this for a living with multiple platinum record sales behind me. I trust my ears, not magazine reviews.

As an audio engineer, I find it weird that you could argue that 32 bits audio would be better than 24 for playback.
It's not even measurable. (And neither will 16 bits audio over ambient noise). Other than mixing and recordings theres just no point.

A good study a colleague of mine wrote on the matter.
https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html (author of the vorbis audio codec, and worked in Opus)

Hey Guys,

General question here for anyone to answer. I have TB Hot-swapping working with all the thunderbolt devices I use. I have the Titan Ridge AOC working.

BUT I have been unable to get Thunderbolt Bridging to work. This was an issue with my previous build (GA-Z97X-UD7 TH) on Thunderbolt 2. Now that we have Thunderbolt 3 fully functional with hot swapping, I was really hoping this feature would be available. Can anyone confirm this working on their build?

The practical application I want to use it for is Thunderbolt 3 QNAP connected to three of these builds for fast shared storage. I realize this can be done with 10gbe, but for the sake of argument and thought, I want to achieve around 1600-2000MBs read write on shared storage with minimal adapters and purchases.

Thank you!

As an audio engineer, I find it weird that you could argue that 32 bits audio would be better than 24 for playback.
It's not even measurable. (And neither will 16 bits audio over ambient noise). Other than mixing and recordings theres just no point.

A good study a colleague of mine wrote on the matter.
https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html (author of the vorbis audio codec, and worked in Opus)
I never said "playback". I'm not talking about what has already been recorded as we all know most of it end up truncated to 16 bits. Talking about the new audio applications capabilities using 32 bits floats. With 32-Bit plugins you have higher headroom level which results in a lower noise ratio than 16 or 24 bits. And this, you should hear.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

General question here for anyone to answer. I have TB Hot-swapping working with all the thunderbolt devices I use. I have the Titan Ridge AOC working.

BUT I have been unable to get Thunderbolt Bridging to work. This was an issue with my previous build (GA-Z97X-UD7 TH) on Thunderbolt 2. Now that we have Thunderbolt 3 fully functional with hot swapping, I was really hoping this feature would be available. Can anyone confirm this working on their build?

The practical application I want to use it for is Thunderbolt 3 QNAP connected to three of these builds for fast shared storage. I realize this can be done with 10gbe, but for the sake of argument and thought, I want to achieve around 1600-2000MBs read write on shared storage with minimal adapters and purchases.

Thank you!

I just set up a synology 6 bay NAS with shucked WD NAS drives running raid 5. Very happy.

About to upgrade to 10gbe on the nas expansion slot and about to put an aquantia 10gbe nic in the Hackintosh.

Have a total of 37TB of usable space and it only cost me around $1200 with everything.

Even with 10GbE it won’t saturate 6 HDD (5 since one is spare) so even with thunderbolt you’re not going to reach those speeds you want unless you use nvme raid etc.

It took me a while to figure out what storage solution I’m going with and I landed on NAS, even though I prefer actual servers from Dell. But couldn’t pass up the deal.

The cool thing about this NAS is it has 4 gigabit ports, so even if you’re using the 10Gbe if you decide to add the expansion slot, others can access the NAS too. And it has a lot of built in features like time machine, plex, etc.

Thank you.
There are a few questions.
I use it through Google Translator.

My system spec.
i9-7900x
x299 deluxe
vega nitro 64
gc-titan ridge

I inserted "plugin type 1" in this 10.14.2 EFI update, is there any reason?
995C574B5C1832B822

There are also questions.

1)
I am using GC-titan ridge, and the usb header is being removed and used as a cpu fan issue.
Since the monitor is the old p2715q model, it is possible to use only the dp port, so you are connecting dp of titan ridge to monitor.
But once in a while I can not wake up from sleep. The monitor is blacked out.
The system seems to have a problem because the caps lock key does not turn on even after long press.
Were there any such issues?

///For debugging sleep issues as proposed by Pike Alpha, one can add to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and follow Pike's comment and advices provided at https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/debugging-sleep-issues//////

Should I patch "E.9.2.15) - Debugging Sleep Issues" above?

2)
Also, you can not get the highest resolution at boot time. Is it unavoidable?

Don‘t use Plugin Type 1 in your config.plist. Your other questions I do not understand (Google translater) and therfore I also do not know any answer.

I just set up a synology 6 bay NAS with shucked WD NAS drives running raid 5. Very happy.

About to upgrade to 10gbe on the nas expansion slot and about to put an aquantia 10gbe nic in the Hackintosh.

Have a total of 37TB of usable space and it only cost me around $1200 with everything.

Even with 10GbE it won’t saturate 6 HDD (5 since one is spare) so even with thunderbolt you’re not going to reach those speeds you want unless you use nvme raid etc.

It took me a while to figure out what storage solution I’m going with and I landed on NAS, even though I prefer actual servers from Dell. But couldn’t pass up the deal.

The cool thing about this NAS is it has 4 gigabit ports, so even if you’re using the 10Gbe if you decide to add the expansion slot, others can access the NAS too. And it has a lot of built in features like time machine, plex, etc.

Yeah I think NAS is the way to go for small teams. I think if I go all solid state in a QNAP or Synology NAS, I should be able to saturate both 10gbe and even Thunderbolt 3. For my application, I am a Colorist so I work off of massive raw files that need the biggest bandwidth I can give it. I'm building out new coloring suites and I hope to have 3 rooms that can simultaneously access 4K-8K raw files without bogging down the shared storage.

I've also considered 10gbe with link aggregation to double bandwidth to 20gbe, which I think would be enough (Thats a theoretical 2500MBs). That obviously requires more hardware and TLC, but I might have to do that.

Also I found out that IP over Thunderbolt (Thunderbolt Bridging) is a 10gbe virtual network, so even though the connection is thunderbolt, it's limited to 10gbe (1250MBs).

I never said "playback". I'm not talking about what has already been recorded as we all know most of it end up truncated to 16 bits. Talking about the new audio applications capabilities using 32 bits floats. With 32-Bit plugins you have higher headroom level which results in a lower noise ratio than 16 or 24 bits. And this, you should hear.

You were comparing audio cards, so of course you can't be discussing anything but audio cards. They aren't involved in mixing.
Seeing that no computer has 24 bits data type, of course everything is done using 32 bits float (which has a 24 bits mantissa anyway). And seeing you're dealing with numbers with a value between -1 and 1, you're 32 bits floats are the same as 24 bits int accuracy wise.
FWIW, even for 16 bits audio output, on all OS but Android, you use 32 bits floats.
And none of it got anything to do with the audio card you're using at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back