Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Guide Update Completed

a.) Drop of Nvida AORUS Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce 11Gb Xtreme Edition. System implementation of Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB. Revision/Update of Table of Contents and Section A.), C.2), E.2) and 9.2.2).
New SSDT-X299-iMacPro-vega.aml and SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Nvidia.aml system SSDT implementations in Section 9.2.2).
Adding Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB benchmark results in Section F.2)..
b.) Modification of Section 9.3 - TB implementation
New SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Combo-ASUS.aml, SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Combo-GB.aml and SSDT-X299-TB3-iMacPro-Combo-DesignareEX.aml TB-SSDT implementations in Section 9.3.
c.) Audio: CodecCommander removed from Section E.3)
d.) Modifications in Section E.12) - iStatMenus Hardware monitoring...
e.) Guide update to macOS Mojave 10.14 PB3 (18A336e)
Implementation of new EFI-Folder Distribution EFI-X299-10.14-PB3-Release-iMacPro1,1-280718.
EFi-Folder related changes:
i.) Implementation of Clover_v2.4k_r4625
ii.) Removal of HibernationFixup.kext from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/
iii.) Disabling of FredWst DP/HDMI kext patch in config.plist, as not required by Vegas.. must be enabled/adopted for Nvidia GPUs.

Enjoy and have fun,

View attachment 343441

Quick question. If I still am using a 1080ti could I just grab your EFI folder and replace it with mine and everything should just work? I noticed extra .plists and kexts I dont have in the first pages EFI build. Thanks!

Quick question. If I still am using a 1080ti could I just grab your EFI folder and replace it with mine and everything should just work? I noticed extra .plists and kexts I dont have in the first pages EFI build. Thanks!

In principle you just have to add your properly adopted TSCAjdustReset.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ for booting your system.

In principle you just have to add your properly adopted TSCAjdustReset.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ for booting your system.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did that in the beginning following directions on your post, also I am running a 7980XE such as you. So would I just omit that step?

Thanks for the quick reply. I did that in the beginning following directions on your post, also I am running a 7980XE such as you. So would I just omit that step?

which step?

Also could you post your EFI folder with all your final kexts? Thanks!

which step?

The TSC Adjust step. Also I think I will probably get a Vega as you did, then just use the 1080ti for cuda power in my editing apps, that way no issues!

Also could you post your EFI folder with all your final kexts? Thanks!

Here you go.. board serial, serial and SmUUID removed..

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 182
The TSC Adjust step. Also I think I will probably get a Vega as you did, then just use the 1080ti for cuda power in my editing apps, that way no issues!

You need the TSCAdjustReset.kext.. without it your system won't boot! o_O

Hi to everyone, my suggestion if anyone is thinking of upgrading to Mojave unless you have a natively supported graphics card such as @kgp I wouldn't give Mojave a try just yet. The graphics drivers for Nvidia are terrible and almost unusable for any work. Hold off until there is proper drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back