Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. Could anyone post a Nvidia WebDriver-Payload Repackager with a working link? Thanks in advance.

The link is OK. You need to be registered and logged in to InsanelyMac to access the Nvidia WebDriver-Payload Repackager.

Upcoming iStatMenus v.6.20

Note the release of iStatMenus 6.20 Beta for testing purposes: files.bjango.com/istatmenus6/is…

Many former bugs have been apparently removed.

If you still witness remaining issues, report back to @bjango on twitter.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Last edited:
Is there a change log somewhere? I don't see any info about the beta on their website.

no idea... I mean e.g. one obvious thing is that the CPU sensor core implementation/numeration has been fixed.

Why don't you simply give it a try and see what has changed with the last beta release?

no idea... I mean e.g. one obvious thing is that the CPU sensor core implementation/numeration has been fixed.

Why don't you simply give it a try and see what has changed with the last beta release?

It's always nice to know what the fixes and changes actually are.

I just updated to PB2. Update went without a hitch.

When I started PB2 for the first time, the Nvidia preferences popped up and said I needed to update the drivers and that it was using the default MacOS drivers. However, both screens were working (usually not the case with default MacOS drivers) and CUDA said it was working. I patched the drivers using this: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update and then restarted. It now indicates its using Nvidia web drivers.

I don't know how to tell if it's using default MacOS or Nvidia web drivers. But is it possible Apple updated the MacOS drivers to something better that uses both screens and CUDA with a 1080TI? That would be great if it does. I'm still getting lags and tears in the graphics either way, so hopefully that can improve soon.

Thanks @kgp for the guide. Finally was able to get the OS installed, time do post installation steps now.

Just wanted to mention a few tips for people who might be getting stuck while installing.

For MSI X299 boards, do not start anything until you update your motherboards BIOS, more than 50% of my issues were related to BIOS errors, If you have a bios version from 2017, more than likely you will run into errors.

Step 1. Update your bios
Step 2. Load Defaults (F6)
Step 3. Advanced Settings (F7)
Step 4. Overclock / CPU features
Step 5. Disable the CFG Lock
Step 6. Save & Reboot (F10)

Boot flags, I used were -v npci0x2000 along with the default clover installation ones already mentioned

Make sure the USB & keyboard and mouse are in USB 2.0 slots
I was running into graphics issue when using my 1080ti, I put in my older Nvidia GT 710 graphics card for the installation

Also, not sure if this was just something required or not, but I kept getting a PCI Configuration error when doing my install. I ended up placing nickwoodhams test2.efi file in /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI, that seemed to stop the error. Again not sure if this is the correct fix, but it worked for me.

Having a little trouble with graphics, I installed my 1080ti back on after doing the repackaged NVDAStartupWeb Kext, and my option to switch to Nvidia graphics is still blacked out. I used WebDriver-387.10.10.10.35.106.pkg with the repackage command.
Then modified the required OS to 18A314K. Then I copied it over to Library/Extension, and ran the 4 commands, but 2 of the commands are giving me errors. Please see the screenshot. Also, I noticed that there is another NVDA extension in System/Library/Extension, do we need to do anything to that?
Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 1.29.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 2.10.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 2.11.12 PM.png

Having a little trouble with graphics, I installed my 1080ti back on after doing the repackaged NVDAStartupWeb Kext, and my option to switch to Nvidia graphics is still blacked out. I used WebDriver-387.10.10.10.35.106.pkg with the repackage command.
Then modified the required OS to 18A314K. Then I copied it over to Library/Extension, and ran the 4 commands, but 2 of the commands are giving me errors. Please see the screenshot. Also, I noticed that there is another NVDA extension in System/Library/Extension, do we need to do anything to that?

I had issues with the repackage method working too. I just used this and it worked with no issues: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back