Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@izo1,

btw.. it would be awesome if you could come up with a draft for new Section E.13), which would detail and explain your monitor.app and Display Override Profile approach and could be directly implemented by copy & paste in the originating post of this thread (guide).

@izo1,

btw.. it would be awesome if you could come up with a draft for new Section E.13), which would detail and explain your monitor.app and Display Override Profile approach and could be directly implemented by copy & paste in the originating post of this thread (guide).

Here's a rough draft, hope this helps...:

MonitorControl 1.3.0 allows 38" LG UltraWide to be controlled natively via a Apple keyboard, full brightness and volume (DP/HDMI) control can be accomplished by DISABLING any Display controls in config.plist and installing MonitorControl in your /Applications/ folder and allowing it to auto start with login for consistency.

One downside is while Brightness OSD will display fine as you see the brightness increments increase/decrease with your keyboard, the macOS Volume OSD will also show, however your displays volume control will overlay on top of it and obscure it, as seen below.

volumecontrolosd.jpg

To clean this up, you can disable the OSD for Brightness and Volume together via Terminal, if you choose. You don't have to do this, it is up to you to decide.

Turn it off permanently:
Code:
sudo launchctl unload -wF /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.BezelUI.plist

Turn it on permanently:
Code:
sudo launchctl load -wF /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.BezelUI.plist

Note: Requires at least a log-out/log-in to take affect.

Here's a rough draft, hope this helps...:

MonitorControl 1.3.0 allows 38" LG UltraWide to be controlled natively via a Apple keyboard, full brightness and volume (DP/HDMI) control can be accomplished by DISABLING any Display controls in config.plist and installing MonitorControl in your /Applications/ folder and allowing it to auto start with login for consistency.

One downside is while Brightness OSD will display fine as you see the brightness increments increase/decrease with your keyboard, the macOS Volume OSD will also show, however your displays volume control will overlay on top of it and obscure it, as seen below.

View attachment 366307

To clean this up, you can disable the OSD for Brightness and Volume together via Terminal, if you choose. You don't have to do this, it is up to you to decide.

Turn it off permanently:
Code:
sudo launchctl unload -wF /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.BezelUI.plist

Turn it on permanently:
Code:
sudo launchctl load -wF /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.BezelUI.plist

Yup thanks, but yet we are missing the NightShift part. Thus I will wait with the implementation of new section E.13 until you successfully complete all proposed fixes.

Yup thanks, but yet we are missing the NightShift part. Thus I will wait with the implementation of new section E.13 until you successfully complete all proposed fixes.

I’m going to do some digging to fix this natively. I know that Mojave has some changes done to the way night shift works, so it may be related to that and the only solution is the one you proposed.

Will report back.

Reactions: kgp
Vega 64 nitro + sensor gpu die error.
127 celsius show.
Can you recognize correctly?

Should Thunderbolt cards be fitted in slot 6?
I changed from BIOS to PCI x16 -4.
SSDT is also edited, but PCI does not display status.

Vega 64 nitro + sensor gpu die error.
127 celsius show.
Can you recognize correctly?

Which FakeSMC.kext and HWSensor.kexts are you employing? Are you using iStatMenus v.6.2?

Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 14.25.11.png

I use my TB adaptor in Slot-4. Also my TB-SSDT is designed for Slot-4 of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe.
If you want to use your TB adaptor in Slot-6, properly adopt the TB-SSDT for its use with Slot-6 on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe.

Good luck,

KGP

HI.
The graphics card occupies three slots, and you can not install the AirPort card in slot 3.
So I installed it in slot 6, but it did not work normally.
So the idea is to move the Thunderbolt card into slot 6 and move the airport card into slot 4.
I edited the SSDT, but PCI does not have a status indicator.

PostView.nhn

996548355BF070350E

99653B355BF070350E

PostView.nhn

View attachment 366198

You port layout states:

Front-panel: 2x USB 3.0 external connected with two internal USB3.0 header U31G1_12

I guess that's a typo and should read:

Front-panel: 2x USB 3.0 external connected with internal USB3.0 header U31G1_12

Fixed in the files attached below.

Then it seems that the Sage/10G features 4 external USB3.0 connectors on the mobo's back panel, correct?

And there is neither any internal USB2.0 header nor there is any external USB2.0 connector on the mobo's back panel, correct?

I further slightly modified the kext file denomination and created a fully implemented and truncated 15-port kext, which in case of the Sage/10G are however identical. That's rather a cosmetic Library consideration.

Thus, if you agree with the kext implementations attached below I will directly upload the 2 kexts to the Library.

Yep sorry about the typo. That’s correct no internal usb 2 or external usb 2. Only 4 usb 3.0 ports on the back. Thanks kgp!

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back