Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's unrelated with TB though and rather a AHCI BIOS story, isn't it?

Else, do you have all TB BIOS settings as outlined in my guidelines?
I did not see any Gigabyte TB bios settings from there.
I test your SSDT V1 please look IOREG.
I work tonight more more test 2moro.
Thanks KGP.

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro (2).ioreg
    9.2 MB · Views: 69
I did not see any Gigabyte TB bios settings from there.
I test your SSDT V1 please look IOREG.
I work tonight more more test 2moro.
Thanks KGP.

O.k. last test, then we continue tomorrow, ok?

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-v2.aml.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 68
O.k. last test, then we continue tomorrow, ok?
Hi KGP
I am work at the moment.
Back to work I will test.
This part don't like my System.
Code:
                    Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LNot (Arg2))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                           
                            })
                        }

Store (Package (0x06)
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name",
                                Buffer (0x09)
                                {
                                    "Built In"
                                },

"built-in",
                                Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x00                                           
                                },

"PCI-Thunderbolt",
                                One
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }

Hi KGP
I am work at the moment.
Back to work I will test.
This part don't like my System.
Code:
                    Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                    {
                        If (LNot (Arg2))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03                                         
                            })
                        }

Store (Package (0x06)
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name",
                                Buffer (0x09)
                                {
                                    "Built In"
                                },

"built-in",
                                Buffer (One)
                                {
                                     0x00                                         
                                },

"PCI-Thunderbolt",
                                One
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }

Are you using SSDT-DTPG.aml that was always part of the EFI-Folders or SSDT-Folders I uploaded for you?

Are you using SSDT-DTPG.aml that was always part of the EFI-Folders or SSDT-Folders I uploaded for you?
Yes I am using that in patched folder.
I test SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-v2
please look IORegistryExplorer.

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro (2).ioreg
    8.3 MB · Views: 106
If you can please make new config I will test.

Not necessarily, as any BIOS firmware is optimised for Windows at first place. If you look at the recent post #2,716 of @mcitiy, his i9-9900X is properly working with the ASROCK X299 TAICHI XE under HS, thus I would exclude any HS/Mojave kernel problem and I also doubt that there are actually different versions of the i9-9900X distributed by Intel.

Anyway, I guess one should really address such issues directly to the manufacturers, whereas any respective discussion here might not really help in this case.

Just for your information: I have tested now with almost all Skylake-X CPU´s: 7900X, 7920X, 9800X, 9900X (from a order in december, likewise "mcity" it´s a rock solid build with a Taichi XE), 9920X, 9940X and yesterday with a 9980XE. All CPU´s are working fine with X299 Taichi XE and Prime X299-A. Only the said 9820X (i have tested this one also, like the guys from the 9820X-thread, the same panic) and the 9900X from a fresh order (april) are not working. The guy from yesterday ("Akibkhanpostcircle") searches for help in the other forum and fails with the same KP. I don´t dare to order another 9900X to compare with the strange one I have here, it´s to expensive for me ;-) So I am waiting...

Thank you again for your fantastic guides and sharing of your knowledge.

Reactions: kgp

That's weird as my TB approach as currently implemented also in SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.aml works for all other motherboards with TTR, APR and TBEX 3. SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-v2.aml is already substantially truncated for finding the respective problem during our ongoing testing that causes problems on your system without knowing yet the reason. Otherwise, when implementing your own yet basic TB approach under EGP7 like in case of SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-test.aml, the TB ACPI tree looks as expected also on your system.

If it would be in compliance with the board rules, which is unfortunately not the case, a TV session would be much more helpful in this case and dramatically facilitate and shorten the entire bug fixing.

I am busy right now in real life. Would it be possible to continue here with our tests tomorrow? What time would be suited for you?

Just for your information: I have tested now with almost all Skylake-X CPU´s: 7900X, 7920X, 9800X, 9900X (from a order in december, likewise "mcity" it´s a rock solid build with a Taichi XE), 9920X, 9940X and yesterday with a 9980XE. All CPU´s are working fine with X299 Taichi XE and Prime X299-A. Only the said 9820X (i have tested this one also, like the guys from the 9820X-thread, the same panic) and the 9900X from a fresh order (april) are not working. The guy from yesterday ("Akibkhanpostcircle") searches for help in the other forum and fails with the same KP. I don´t dare to order another 9900X to compare with the strange one I have here, it´s to expensive for me ;-) So I am waiting...

Thank you again for your fantastic guides and sharing of your knowledge.
My i9-9900X was ordered from Newegg.com in March second week for a discount @ $ 929.
Asrock MB also from Newegg.
Before placing order, I, too, was confused about macOS support. I asked in this forum also, but didn't get a solid answer. I searched the Geek Bench site for i9-9900X CPU, there are many instances of the CPU with iMac Pro as well as Win 10 and Linux. That made me confident, I placed my order. My GB score is 38.5K.
Mcity

@djlild7hina

This is the ioreg after enable 4g decoding in bios. I now have the USB ports back and fully operational. Thanks!

I am currently using All eight of my Sata ports to create a 32 TB SSD raid in an IcyDock. I have looked for an M.2 to SATA adapter but I am unable to find one that works on the sage/10 G. So I thought I would try using the USB 3.1 GEN 2 header on the motherboard to connect my boot drive internally using USB 3.0. Unfortunately I am not able to boot to that drive. Can this be fixed in the bios or is this a limitation? While I was at it I have another USB connected hard drive in the case. So I have switched over to M.2 Nvme Drive to boot but the other drive won’t mount unless I open the case and physically disconnect and reconnect the USB connection. Any thoughts on what might be causing that? I have a USB c connected drive that reliably mounts when I reboot the machine but not this internal drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back