Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to find the bug why it is not working. Please try SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-test.aml.zip attached below for testing proposes. It implements for now your own just basic TB device definition.

There are no respective ACPI replacements left in your config.plist that could mess up the entire EGP7@9 TB implementation, correct?
I test this SSDT ITs implemented.No HP.Please look IOREG.
I update my config.

Attachments

• navaratnam’s iMac Pro (2).ioreg
    9 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I test this SSDT ITs implemented.No HP.

It can't provide HotPlug as it is not defined within your own simple TB definition implemented now for testing purposes within SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-test.aml.

From your actual IOREG.save I see though, that TB properties are correctly implemented now and EGP7.UPSB is also populated with TB and USB-C devices connect at system boot.

The only thing left is to find the reason why my own TB implementation being part of SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.aml does not work in your case. There must be still some bug you hopefully will be able to find by yourself.

As soon SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.aml is properly implemented, we can discuss about TB HP with Alpine Ridge, which might be non-trivial anyway if not already working in this case. The GC-Titan Ridge is better suited for TB HP in any case.

In any case, the current TB implementation via EGP7 in SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.aml is the correct way to go. The same also states for all other PCIe devices originally apparent under PC01.BR1A.SL01 and now fully considered within this single SSDT for all PCIe devices in PCIe slots assigned to different bridges under PC01.BR1A.SL01.

Last edited:
It can't provide HotPlug as it is not defined within your own simple TB definition implemented now for testing purposes within SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-test.aml.

From your actual IOREG.save I see though, that TB properties are correctly implemented now and EGP7.UPSB is also populated now.

Last edited:
I did not change any thing.
Just replace your SSDT.
I answer 1st and 2nd ? check it #2,739

See updated version of post 2741 and wait a moment to do a few more tests.. you have time?

See updated version of post 2741 and wait a moment to do a few more tests.. you have time?
I have time.
I like test.
Thanks.

I have time.
I like test.
Thanks.

ok.. so lets iteratively implement my original TB implementation within SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.aml and see where is actually the problem when compared with your simplified TB definition that actually already works within SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-test.aml.

just a second..

Hi KGP
Your new motherboard not have USB2 header
How did you connect GC-Titan Ridge?

Hi KGP
Your new motherboard not have USB2 header
How did you connect GC-Titan Ridge?

USB2 header only required for using USB2.0 devices on GC-Titan Ridge. TB and USB-C 3.0 do not need it and former X299 Deluxe motherboard had internal USB2.0 header anyway.

OK. First test. In SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.v1.aml I dropped for now my DSB2 implementation and used yours instead.

Let's test if the error is related with the latter.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2-v1.aml.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
USB2 header only required for using USB2.0 devices on GC-Titan Ridge. TB and USB-C 3.0 do not need it.

OK. First test. In SSDT-X299-SL01-FRWR-XHC2-TB3HP-SAT2.v1.aml I dropped for now my DSB2 implementation and used yours instead.

Let's test if the error is related with the latter.
thanks KGP
M2 sata
Should I have hot plug enabled or disabled in the BIOS?
Enable all hard drive?

thanks KGP
M2 sata
Should I have hot plug enabled or disabled in the BIOS?
Enable all hard drive?

That's unrelated with TB though and rather a AHCI BIOS story, isn't it?

Else, do you have all TB BIOS settings as outlined in my guidelines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back